Author's Note UPDATED!!! (PLEASE READ)

Hello there. It is July 31st 2022 when I'm writing this. It's been three years since Psychosis began, and I'm all the more three years wiser. I want touch upon a few things here that I think need to be addressed regarding this book. If you are a returning reader, thank you for taking the time to come back read this. But if you are a new reader, first off welcome, second off please consider what I say in this note before making the decision to read through this story.

I want to start off by saying I know how controversial this story may be. When I wrote this I was just a child myself, I was very uneducated about mental illness and the characteristics of such illnesses. Though I have suffered from various mental illnesses my whole life, more recently I have begun to suffer from psychotic episodes myself.

I want to make it clear that the way psychosis is portrayed in this story is not how psychosis actually is for the majority of people who suffer from it. The correct name for what our main antagonist, Dominic, suffers from would be psychopathy. A neuropsychiatric disorder that defers from psychosis in many ways.

I am putting this in here because I want to make it clear that I am not trying to add to or create any stigma around psychotic disorders. It is especially important for me now, as someone who's been professionally diagnosed with psychotic symptoms to address this in order to not spread harmful and incorrect information.

Let it be known I will not be removing any incorrect terminology within the story. In order to make this story accurate in real life setting, almost everything would have to be changed.

I hope by adding this author's note, as opposed to the old one, I can hold myself accountable for not being more educated before writing a book on such a sensitive topic.

As you read through the pages please note a few things.

1: The disorder Dominic suffers from is psychopathy.

2: The aspects of the rehab process portrayed in this book would not be accurate in a real life setting. They have been made up or otherwise dramatized for the sake of the plot.

3: I mean no harm or disrespect to Dominic Harrison. I wrote this book as a naive 15 year old girl who loved the idea of portraying Yungblud in a HarleyXJoker kind of story.

I would be lying if I said I have not thought about deleting this book altogether. However I know how much a lot of you love this story, and after putting 3 years of my life into this book I do feel that it does deserve an ending. I'm sure many of you would agree as well.

I hope that you all can still enjoy Psychosis and appreciate the storyline regardless of the misinformation. I hope this note will bring light to many complaints or disagreements some readers may have with this book.

I also would like to say I appreciate the support you all have given me over the past 3 years that I've been writing this book. It has gone way more viral than I ever expected and I'm glad so many people enjoy my work.

But I believe in holding ourselves accountable for our mistakes, and I want to admit responsibility if I have added to the stigma and misinformation out there about this disorder.

I thank you for taking the time to read this A/N. And as always I hope you guys enjoy Psychosis.

- fading_scars_