Chapter 9

No one scores in the first half. Christine did get fouled, and a yellow card. Alex was called offsides twice. Lindsey kicked the ball before the 18 yard box, we thought it was going to go in but it hit the cross bar. We've only had 1 corner set 5 mins before half time. Both our defense lines have been hard to break. We're in half time now. We all go inside the locker room. Coach gives us a talk about what we need to do, how we should break the backline, work on the passes. We all start to get up and drink some water. I'm stopped

"I want you as a sub for Lindsey, you'll be Center Mid, got that?" Coach tells me. I nod at him but he doesn't seem quite finished
"You'll be going in the 50th min, I know I said you weren't playing today but I really feel like you need to be in today" I nod at him understandingly trying to hold back my smile. I'm so happy to be playing.

"Alright I'll do my best" I reply to him. He walks away and I take off my Thorns jacket. Once halftime is over, we head out. Once the 2nd half starts, Orlando has majority of possession of the ball. A few times conceded from our backline. It's almost time for me to go in for Lindsey. So I walk to the sidelines and start warming up.

It's the 50th minute and I'm standing on the sideline in the middle of the field waiting for them to put my number up and Lindsey's. Lindsey makes her way over and we hug each other as she comes in and I go out to the field. I find my place in the center. One of Orlando's Defenders went long and Dani Weatherholt brings it down and makes her way down the the left wing, and passes it to Alex. She was about to kick it towards goal but was deflected out by Sonnett.

Sonnet passes it to Kling, and passes it back to Franch as Alex and Jasmine Spencer put pressure on her. Franch decides to go long to Tobin. Tobin running to goal, passes it to Sinclair who was in 18 yard box, heads it in a little to high. A goal kick for Orlando. Allie heads it towards me. I drop it in front of me, seeing no defenders. I make a run for it. I see Sinclair run with her hand to pass it to her. I see automatically shes offside. I hold off to wait for them. Defender Toni Pressly and I are one on one. I fake a right kick and nutmeg her, run for it and kick to Tobin. Who volleys it in. 1-0 in the 55th min.

Tobin runs and hugs me along with my other teammates. We get back in position. I guard Alex for a while, and lay off, as Shade Pratt passes it up the field to Allie, who passes it to Tobin, Tobin passing it to me, I get pressure. I send it back to Allie. We make are way back up to Orlando's Post, and finally going long to Sinclair. A little to long and Ashlyn Harris grabs it in time. We push back and wait for her goal kick.
She goes long giving it to Dani Weatherholt  but was conceded by Kling, kicks it high and headed by Toni Pressly to Kristen Edmonds. Passes it to Alex as she makes a run for it. And kicks it in top right corner, passing Franch. 1-1 in the 63rd min. I really need to get more touches on the ball.

We're now in the 81st min and ever since Alex's goal, they been holding there defense on lock. I've tried kicking a long one into goal but Ashlyn Harris got her hands on it.

Sonnett passes me the ball, and I pass it to Allie, who was soon put pressure on. She passes it to Tobin. She makes a run for it on the left wing, and I make a run for it, I'm open. I put my hand up and yell. She kicks it over to me and I kick it straight into the left bottom corner. I really didn't think it would get in. Harris made a jump for it but it was already in.

My first goal with my new team. Sinclair jumps on me and Allie. Once they get off me. I give Tobin a thumbs up for the assist. We still have 8 mins and possible added time. I want another one.

Nothing much happened these last 8 mins but back and forth passes.

One more min. Kling passes it to Allie, allie passing it back to Sonnett. Sonnett passing it to Kathrine Reynolds. She kicks it to Celeste. She passes to Sinclair. She makes a run for it and lays it off to me not being able to pass 2 defenders. I pass it to Tobin. We all make a run for it. She goes long to Sinclair from the left corner. Sinclair missed the header, and it was kicked away by a defender but it didn't go high enough and it hit me.. straight in the face. I feel the most pain in my nose.

I go down on my knees and grab my face. A whistle is blown, and they blow the whistle again. I feel someone tap my shoulder. I feel liquid go down my nose. I look up to the trainers. Tobin, Allie and Sinclair come over to check up on me. They need to get me off the field. I get up with the trainers as I grab the bridge of my nose and look up. They give me a nosebleed plug and check for a concussion

"You don't have a concussion so that's very good, they added 5 mins of stoppage time. Do you still want to go in?" They ask me handing me a new jersey. I take the bloody one off.  "Yeah I'm good" I tell them putting the Jersey on. I was signaled in. I make way to the field. I run upfront, since we earned a Corner kick.

Tobin took it, she kicks it, and I see it come towards me. I head it in, and goes straight into goal. Ashlyn didn't even try since it went into fast and pretty high. I get tackled by Lindsey. We celebrate. Nothing after that. They blow the whistle and it's over. We won! 3-1

I run to my teammates and I jump on Tobin. We settle down and we shake hands with players. I make my way over to Alex who's talking to Ashlyn Harris. I stand by her as they talk, not wanting to interrupt.
"Hey Ashlyn, this is Sage, Sage this is Ashyln" Alex introduces us. I smile and shake hands with Ashlyn

"It's nice to meet you, good goals by the way!" She gives me almost a stern smile. She seems to mean well though.
"You're a good goalie Harris, we could be scored more but your good!" I tell her playfully pointing at her with a smile.

"Not so bad yourself, seriously I'm so surprised you haven't been called up. You need to be!" She tells me. She was very sincere about it.
"Someday, I'm working on it." I tell her honestly.
She nods and was called over by Tobin
"It was nice meeting you by the way!" She tells me walking away. Leaving me with Alex.

I look at her with smirk, "So tell me again, who needed the luck?" I teased her.
She playfully shoved me "Whatever Wilder,  we'll get you next time." She tells me with confidence.
"I guess we'll see" I tell her. She smiles and it looks like she wants to tell me something but stops herself.
"Something you want to say?" I ask her as we make our way to the locker rooms.

"Yeah uh are you busy tonight?" She asks me nervously.

Sorry for the long chapter
I wanted to add the game, I don't seem to do that a lot.