NINE

ONESHOT NINE
❝May I Have This Dance?❞

[Ten x Rose]

— • —

She spun around the TARDIS console; exuberant grin spread from cheek to cheek, white teeth framed by red lips and blonde hair flew around her. Weeks ago she had won a bet to go out on the town and tonight she was ready to claim her winnings. Vibrant heels to match her lips were snug on her feet and a little black dress picked up in a shopping trip in Paris clung to her thin frame. Rose Tyler was all too eager to get out of those doors and party, live a night like she used to sometimes do before finding the man who owned the said doors of a big blue box.

"Ready?" She heard his voice as he wandered down the hallways leading to the rest of the TARDIS, his brown hair was a glorious mess on his head and his eyes were fixated on a single button that refused to do up on his go-to brown pinstripe suit.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Rose giggled, stopping to face him, her hazel eyes curiously observed him as she awaited his reaction.

The Doctor grinned when the button finally popped into place. Looking up, grin still on his face he laid eyes on Rose. Without realising, the Doctor's lips parted and brown eyes lit up with appreciation of the fine female specimen standing before him. "Wow," the Doctor said before realising his open mouth. Quickly closing it and unfortunately tearing his eyes away from his companion, the Doctor stepped forward, crossing the console room and heading for the door, on the way he reached for Rose's hand, tugging her along. Outside the TARDIS doors was a fifty-first century nightclub in the rings of Saturn. The Doctor had told her that it was one of the best places to party this side of the asteroid belt and Rose was all for it - dancing the night away with aliens and humans who looked more alien than the Doctor. He had landed the TARDIS not far from the door and with a quick show of the psychic paper they were in. "Lines are never fun," the Doctor winked as they went inside. Rose grinned back at him and with that they entered the fun.

Dazzling blue lights, light smoke and music heavily relying on rigorous bass filled their senses. At first Rose stepped back, eyes squinted as they adjusted and beside her the Doctor just grinned. "This is wild," Rose told him, impressed by the party she was taken to. Once her senses settled, she took in the eclectic mix that roamed the club. Aliens both of what she had seen and others completely new to her mingled with humans just as eclectic as those around them.

"This is great," the Doctor, his hand still around Rose's, pulled her towards the mingle of humanoids and other not-so-much-humanoid beings. "Do you want a drink?" he asked, as they got closer to the dancing, the music also got louder, the pounding of the trance-like rhythm vibrating through every inch of them.

"Sure!" Rose shouted back, "Surprise me with something alien," she winked at him and he winked back, leaving her side to go seek out the bar. With him gone, Rose was alone in the sea of people, around her they danced, flowing with the defined tempo and hushed melody. Beside her two Slitheen danced and on her other side were what looked like humans and an android. Not wanting to keep herself out of the loop, Rose started to dance, blending in with those around her until she became part of the bigger picture, lost in the harmonious dancing of the club. She had just started to immerse herself when her dance was broken by an arm caressing her waist, snapping her back to reality, "Wotcha!" she yipped, surprised by the touch.

Rose expected it to be the Doctor but was met with another man. He was handsome, that was certain, light brown hair and inviting green eyes, skin decorated in tattoos and attire sticking to the black side of the colour spectrum. "Why hello there beautiful," the man grinned at her, perfect teeth and accent she couldn't pin but sounded surprisingly French. In the back of her mind warning signs to back away from the man flashed, he was obviously out for one thing but Rose ignored them, happy to be given the male attention that she lacked of late.