Chapter 3: Confrontations and Expectations

Being Dan Hirt was never easy. Being Dan Hirt was never fun.

Those were the exact words echoing through my mind as I stepped out of my car. I knew I had ran into something, but I didn't know what. My face reddened as I heard the loud crash! I sighed, groaning as I moved my car forward a bit.

"First the lunch mishap, now this..." I mumbled to myself. "Life could not get any worse."

Boy, was I wrong.

Before I knew it, there was loud pounding on my door.

"Hey! You! You owe me a new bike, you hear? How could you be so irresponsible! Look where you're going next time, jerk! Do you have no respe-" By this point, I was flustered. I knew I had to open the door sometime or another, and I decided the worst time to do it: while she was mid-rant.

I sheepishly opened the door, my eyes closed shut as I slowly swing it open. As soon as the door is open and I'm revealed, she goes silent. I slowly open one eye. Then the other. As soon as I saw her, her beautiful pale face, her light brown hair gingerly falling over and behind her shoulders, and her bright blue eyes staring at me, I immediately clasped my hands over my mouth. She was so gorgeous...However, I snapped out of my awkward trance when I saw her fists balled in anger at her sides.

"How could you?! How am I supposed to get home!" She yelled, balls of fire forming in those crystal, baby blue eyes.

"I-I...I..." I stuttered, pushing up my glasses, frantically shaking. She sighed out in an exasperated tone. I couldn't blame her.

"Hey! Hey hey..." She began, as if she were thinking aloud to herself. "How am I suppose to get home?!" She angrily interrogated me, as if I'd know the answer. She huffed put, placing a hand on her forehead, not knowing what to do.
Suddenly, I got an idea.

"How about..." I began my suggestion. "H-How about I take you home? Y'know, until you find some other way?" I suggested, a bit nervously, scared she'd reject me, or yell at me. I braced myself for her to do so, but instead, I saw her freeze. She dropped her hand from her forehead, and looked down at the ground, as if in thought.

"I..." She began, but quickly stopped, probably contemplating whether she wants to risk riding with a loser like me.

But, to my utter surprise, she said,

"Okay."

|A/N|
[guys ily I haven't updated this in forever oh my gosh do you remember me do you remember who I am do you remember the existence of this book-
I'm not motivated to write it. So expect more updates. Yup
*rolls into writing cave*]