You Are Hereby Dismissed

"Court trial number 253, breaching of rule number 1. Please state your name and rank."

"Elysia, supreme angel of rank 3." I spoke quietly but loud enough to be heard by the judge.

And apparently the audience.

"Supreme angel?"

"Elysia as in The Elysia?"

The gasps followed each other as though this was news for them. Why have they become so dramatic? People make mistakes, or should I say angels make mistakes.

At this point I had hoped my hair would randomly fall from my up-do and cover my entire face, cover the humiliation and embarrassment.

But needless to say it did not and I was forced to witness the horrific expressions of shock and disgust all directed to me.

"Silence in the court." Alaric pounded the wooden mallet whilst looking grave and disappointed.

Yes, I did wrong. But why is everybody so shocked?

"Since we have no one willing to represent your defence you have been given the permission to defend yourself and present a justification for your actions, to the jury." His monotonous yet angelic voice (literally), echoed in the high court as everyone awaited me to say something.

I swallowed hard before beginning, "Well, thank you for giving me the opportunity to explain myself." I spoke formerly and politely thanked them to start off on the right foot but also to waste some time because the truth is I can not justify what I did.

"As an angel I could not resist my instinct to help even if it means helping someone who might not have deserved it." I bit my tongue as in my head I knew the truth. I don't mean anything I say.

"I know that what I did was wrong."

"I know that I should not have done what I did."

"I know that if I could go back in time I would not do what I did."

I was about to go full on dramatic mode for a chance to grab sympathy votes until I heard someone shout.

"She breached rule number 1! She has no right! She should be punished! She's guilty!" An angel from the back whom I have never seen before began shouting and had to be escorted out, he had spoken so fast I could not even decipher what he was saying, but I did not need too. His tone had said it all.

I was no longer welcome here.

"Anything else?" Alaric asked beginning to get agitated.

He had expected more from me.

Alaric. Rank 1 supreme angel otherwise known as my mentor. Who had helped me become a rank 3 trusted angel. Who had helped me with so much. Now has to sit and listen to me try and salvage the reputation I have left. If I have any left, that is.

"Yes. I just want to express that I understand whatever punishment I may be given but you should know that my intentions are of the purest and I have a great deal of regret. I hope you understand." I drew it to a close and ran a hand through my face as I wished earnestly that the jury would buy it.

"The jury will now gather to deliberate."

After what seemed like an eternity the jury entered the court and I of course instantly began attempting to read their expressions and body language but they were all blank and unreadable.

No one gave me anything. Just blank like the clouds beneath us.

All hope was unknown until I had noticed one member slightly smirking as if to say to say she got what she deserved, as the humans would put it.

So I guess all hope was not unknown, because all hope was gone.

Great.

How bad could the punishment get anyways?

What? 1 week isolation from my angelic duties? 2 weeks? A month, maybe two?

Who knows.

"The jury has come to a decision."

I gaped at Alaric and wished hard for this to not be happening.

Please, please, please.

"The defendant has been found guilty. Elysia, supreme angel of rank 3, you are hereby dismissed of your angelic duties."

Predicted...

"But in a very rare case, there is more to the punishment."

"And that punishment, to be specific, is... Life on Earth."

Oh. Life on Earth. I guess that's fin- What!

My head snapped up from its respectful position facing down.

It took me a full minute to wrap my head around what I had just heard. And even then I could not believe it.

Is that even possible? I thought it was a myth, they told me that some Angels in the past have been punished to live on Earth and none had returned.

"You are not serious are you sire?" I muttered but loud enough to be answered with a baleful expression to tell me that, this is no joke.

"Life on Earth?" I will have to go through with this. This is what they believe I deserve.

I can not desrespect Alaric by arguing with him

"Please follow the guards. Let's not create a scene. Just follow the orders of your punishment and this should run smoothly. It's temporary, no time scale in specific but we can assure you that you can return when the time is right."

This truly was a horrible punishment. I held my head high as I shook off the guards hand from my arm. I looked at him from the corner of my eye and gave him a look warning him that if he touched me again I would not be held account for my actions.

"When the time is right? Do I have oblivious written on my wings? Because last I checked they were as pure as snow primarily due to the respectable rank 3 angel that I am."

Alaric motioned to the guards standing by the door to come and 'escort' me to wherever it is that I should be.

I walked straight keeping my head high and shoulders back - keeping my eyes facing forwards as I was escorted to The Edge.

The Edge is the sideline of Heaven and one foot across that line sends you flying down to Earth, or Hell, whichever suits you.

"Sire" I had no other words, I wished that this was not what it had to come to but that was one wish that I had not been granted.

I had not even realised that I was already at The Edge by now and they were jury about to throw me out... Like garbage - except with wings.

"I am sorry. I did wrong. I hope one day you can forgi -" and I was cut off by the immense amount of pressure surging through me disabling my speech and breath. My voice echoed in the void as I was thrown into oblivion, traveling through a white abyss that soon descended to a colour of black. My eyes were shut and before I knew it I fell.

I could feel something uncomfortable under my wings once I got up I realised it was a patch of prickly green grass which obstructed my view. I was still dazed and dizzy from the fall but I managed to stand up gracefully and not get a speck of earthly dirt on me. I looked around and noticed that I was barricaded between brown fences but there was also a home in front which seemed vacant. A large table also occupying some space was at the front and behind me was a hut or shed of some sort.

I faced up observing the sky that I, only a few moments ago, was standing upon. The doors of heaven was closed for me. My home was closed for me.

I sighed as I retracted my wings.

I faced back down towards the home and saw a human boy, 18 perhaps, his black hair ruffling in the wind, his green eyes wide open staring in shock and his mouth slightly parted open.

I tilted my head slightly to the right as I asked.

"Is this Earth?"

******************

There we go, the first chapter!

Comment and tell us what you think for more! - vote if you like! :)