1

The wind rushed around her face, chilling her through the thin fabric of her cotton white tee she had thrown on in her desperate rush of getting ready. She stood with her eyes closed on the edge of the bridge, debating the decision she had finally reached. The railing she clung to was old and rusted, causing her hands to be slightly scraped and bleeding as she leaned closer to the edge. Thoughts flooded her mind about the reaction her death would have on the people she knew. She slowly opened her eyes and basked in the view from the bridge. Twinkling city lights could be seen for miles and the distant bustle and noise blurred to a faint hum that filled the air. A ghost of a smile appeared on her face as she took a last glance at the city she once called home. Memories flashed through her mind as one foot left the steel and was now hovering over the 100 foot dark abyss that lay below her. A final deep breath rippled through her body before her other foot and both hands left the bridge. Her body was immediately falling and the weight of what she had just done set upon her. Regret filled her and a broken cry left her throat. Tears flooded her eyes and her senses began the dull as the ground approached her. Her legs hit first, and the pain following was unimaginable. Her world turned dark and cold as her head slammed into the ground. Horrified cries were a distant noise and weight of what was witnessed fell heavy on the few civilians who had watched. Rain began pour and the blood began to run. Little did they know this wouldn't be the last time.