Journal

When it comes to school, I suck at it. I'm always sleeping in class, have bad grades, always getting in trouble. I have one person to make it bearable, Mara.

She always had my back, against bullies and other people. Nothing fazed her, she is the best person I've ever known. She's perfect, unlike me. Her grades are top of her classes, she has many friends, she's a social butterfly.

I always feel like I do nothing for her...

Journal Entry - #1

—————————

"Thana! Are you sleeping again?"

I remain still, unmoving without answering the teacher,

"Honestly! You're just wasting my time! I know you're awake now. Get out of my classroom!"

I stand up and grab my bag, I exit the class without a single care.

"Good riddance, I honestly hate that class."

I mumble to myself, I see Mara walking down the hallway, in a concerned tone.

"Thana? Are you skipping Mrs. Shira's class again?" Said Mara, walking with her eyebrow raised.

"What? Noooo... I'm just .. uhmm.. going to the bathroom?" I said in an unsure voice.

"Mmhm, sure. Let me guess.. youuu got kicked out for 'sleeping' am I right?" She said crossing her arms as she stops in front of me.

"Ah, you got me. So what are you doing out of class Ms. Goodie-two-shoes?" I say smirking

"Uh, the office called me down.." She says uncrossing her arms.

"For what?" I said

"Ah, look at the time. My teacher will suspect me of ditching class. Bye Thana! See you at lunch!" She said running off waving to me.

"That's weird.." I said shrugging it off.

I walk down the hallway and make my way to the stairs. I reach the roof and throw open the heavy doors, wind surrounds me as my hair flies in the sudden flash of wind. The sunlight flashes, momentarily blinding me, I put my arms down and feel the warm sun rays kiss my skin.

I sigh as I walk my way over to the fence and throw my arms into them, leaning to face the clock tower. I pull out my phone and look at the time.

1:20

"Ugh, still an hour," I say while sighing.

I unlock my phone and open SB. I look at the recent posts on my feed.

I scroll down and react to the different memes on my feed.

Bop!

I see a notification pop down from the top of my screen, I close out of SB and open the News Buddy app. I tap my inbox for notification and tap the notification.

"Two pilots dead after deadly crash landing"

"Well that's unfortunate.." I say as the bell ring.

I look up from my phone to the doorway to the stairs, I see Mrs. Moserah.

"Mrs. Thana. I would like to see you in my office, now." Said Mrs. Moserah with a stern look."

"Hmm, yeah about that..." I said looking down over the railing.

"About what? You have nowhere else to go, come with me."

"I don't know what you mean by 'you have nowhere else to go'? I have plenty of escape routes!" I say with a smirk.

"You don't possibly mean..." she said surprised.

"Yep!" I say as I hop over the railing and fall down onto the ledge of the second floor, pushing down my skirt, I continue down to the ground and dust myself off.

I look up and see Mrs. Moserah looking at me in disbelief.

I give her a big smile and wave,

"Bye, Mrs. Moserah!"

I walk to the front of the school and head to my locker, I enter the combination and I swing the door open, I grab all my things and slam the door shut. I walk out of the school and to the front gates, I pull myself up and over the gate walls and begin to walk to my house.

I suddenly turn myself violently as I see Mara walking,

'That's unusual? She's out of school before the bell?' I thought to myself as I turn the other way and continue to walk.

I pull out my phone and unlock it, I open SB and look up a convince stores around me and began to walk to the closest one.