I Miss...

I miss my mom. 

Ingrid Alecia Hinds

I miss you so damn bad. 

I think about you everyday and I wonder what you're up in Heaven doing. 

Man, to know my mom was to love her,  then again, you'd love her the moment you laid eyes on her. 

She was just so welcoming and warming and was always smiling. 

She had this obnoxious cough when she laughed that use to irritate my soul, but I wouldn't mind hearing that just one last time. 

I'm not sharing this for any condolences. I don't want you guys to feel bad for me, I just want to share how I'm feeling becuase in a weird way, I feel comfortable sharing now. 

I'm not a feeling/emotion sharer. I stay to myself most of the times, so me even typing these words are a very big step to me. 

My mom died on her birthday, July 11, 2014. 

Ain't that something? You die on your born day? That's unique. Then again, she was always a unique woman. 

She knew how to make you laugh even if she was cussing you out in Jamaican, but she would still be up your ass after that making sure you were good. That was just my mom. 

I remember her being a nurse for elders and she loved it. She loved all her patients and treated them like her own. They loved her back. 

I remember her always breaking her back to put food on the table and to keep the lights on. She always told me that she didn't want any of her children cleaning shit for a living. She always wanted us to do better, especially me. I was her first girl, so she always felt some entitlement in making sure I graduated high school and went off to college,especially since she couldn't. 

She had my brother at 16 and had to drop out to take care of him, but she bust her butt to get her GED and went back to school to get her nursing license. So for that, I will always commend her. She was so excited when we found out I had got accepted to my dream school, we cried together and when I graduated high school, I had never seen her smile that brightly. It brings tears to my eyes thinking of that day. 

My opinion to you all that still have your mothers around, take care of them, be respectful to them, love them, and always make them proud. You never know when God will take them home. 

Nobody last forever,so love long and hard and be grateful for what you have in life. 

In the MM is a picture of my beautiful mommy. 

I miss you and one day I will see you again

Love, Tushari.