Chapter 4: Something's Going On...

Begin!

~Quigley's POV

I've been spending more time with Fiona today. She seems really nice and god damn she's so beautiful. Right now it was dinner time and we were eating outside together; not having to eat in the cafeteria is one of the many things I've been told was changed about the school, my family prefers to eat in the dorm.

"So what was up with your brother when I met him? He seemed distracted."

"Oh, Duncan? He's got this crazy idea that there's some mystery going on around here that he wants to solve. I think he's finally lost his mind. His girlfriend should really put a leash on him."

"...A mystery?"

"Yeah a couple kids weren't in classes the past week and he thinks there's something off about it."

Fiona gave me a curious look. "That is strange; what do you know about it?"

I shrugged as I ate my pizza. "Nothing more than anyone else; the teachers aren't saying anything at all, and I think it's just a plague or something. Anyway, when did you start here? I've never seen you around before today."

"I just started yesterday, but it looks like we don't have any classes together."

I nodded and we continued getting to know each other. She's pretty smart, she must be if she's a scientist I suppose, and I told her about my interest in cartography. This apparently sparked her interest.

"You're into cartography?"

"Yep, here I'll show you." I pulled out my commonplace book and showed her some of my maps. "Ignore the color I've been meaning to get a new one for a while but I keep forgetting."

She smiled at me. She has a pretty smile. "Those are very well done. They look so professional. Quigley, could you do me a favor?"

"That depends on what it is," I replied putting my notebook down.

"Could you draw me a map of the school? I'm still learning my way around and it would be very helpful to have one since you know the place already."

"I'd be happy to, but it might take a while." I smirked as I led into what I wanted to say. "But I have a question for you too, how would you like to go on a date with me Saturday night and I'd give you that map when I pick you up from your dorm?"

She blushed. "Well, I'd love to but..."

"Please don't say have a boyfriend."

"I'm actually going to be busy this weekend. So, if you're serious about taking me out; let's make it Monday night and I promise I'll be free then."

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "Ok Monday it is! That'll give me plenty of time to make you that map."

She pulled out a teal notebook and gave me a scrap of paper with some writing on it. "I don't live in a dorm by the way. I live in an apartment with my brother; so that's my address and my number."

I gave her my number in exchange and we said our good-byes after finishing our food. I've still got some time left in the day so I'll start on that map for her.

~Klaus' POV

"I really don't think it's that big a deal!"

"Not a big deal? Not a big deal! Klaus: she betrayed us to work with Olaf! And you're telling me that your ex showing up at this school and flirting with your future brother-in-law is not a big deal?"

"I wouldn't exactly call her his ex, per se," Isadora chimed in from her spot on our couch.

"Izzie, I'll handle this," I said. "Violet, it is fine. So what if Quigley wants to date her? It's not my problem. And also, she didn't go to work with Olaf, she left to stay with her brother. And Olaf is dead! Why does it fucking matter?"