Chapter 4

Oli would obediently walk with him as they went along.  Her hand that wasn't tightly looped with his would brush stray curls out of her large baby blue eyes. Edgardo would notice that Oli clung tightly to him as they left the shop. Rare to Edgardo's usual nature a bright smile would tug up his lips as he noticed how tightly she clung to him, made him feel very trusted. Which have him more confidence and reason to keep his senses sharpened. He'd turn his dark brown eyes to look down at Oli's own beautiful aquamarine eyes, simply not able to resist gazing at her unique beauty every once in a while... Oli looked scared, almost like a small child. She would mumbled quickly. Not realizing that she was speaking her native tongue.

"I-Il nome che ho scelto di chiamarla sarà Edgardo.."

She'd run her free hand over the swords as reassurance for their safety. Her eyes would turn to look up at him, noting that looking at his face, seeing confusion as she spoke her language. But his face would be smiling down at hers as he found her speaking her native tongue adorable.

"S-sorry.... I said I will call you Edgardo..."

She'd jump out of her trance as she heard the drunken cat calls of the sailors from the tavern..Soon afterwards Edgardo's whole happy facial expressions quickly shifted into a serious one, as soon as he heard the drunken cat calls of the sailors from a tavern. Edgardo would glance a fierce glare at them while speaking lowly to Oli..

"Whatever happens.... Just stay as close to me as you can. Okay...?"

She'd cling very close to him, as she heard the calls and drunken laughter. She'd hide her beautiful face into the sleeve of his jacket. She did not wish to die like her mother did, and she could not find the strength in herself to face her ugly fear. She'd flinch at every whistle and call made in their direction as they had to walk past the tavern to get to her house. She'd find comfort in the broadness of his chest and arms, but it was still, not enough. As they both made their way past the tavern the wretched sounds of more drunken calls and laughter would cause Edgardo to feel anger boil deep within him. He was always one for picking fights whenever stuff like this bothered him too much. But since he was escorting the young Italian lady, Oli, he had to just make an exception. Especially when he was noticing how terrified she was by just looking at her. Not to mention how tight she was clinging to him.  When Edgardo noticed that one of the many sailors almost had the nerve to reach out and only barely brushed past her shoulder, he nearly unleashed his hidden blade. Wanting so badly to slash the sailor's throat the second his filthy hand glanced past her... But he just had to contain himself. He could not afford to start a bar fight while he was escorting Oli. So he just reassuringly gripped onto her looped arm, whispering close by her ear..

"It will all be over soon... Don't worry...."

He'd say as his free hand would clench tightly into a fist from what had just happened. But he still tried reassuring her as they kept walking. 

"I'm right here for you, Oli..."

As they made their way safely from the area of drunken men, all of Oli's muscles would relax. But then they would tighten again as she saw that her house was dark and the door was wide open. She let go of Edgardo and ran into her house, shouting, which made Edgardo's eyes widen greatly. He'd try and hurry to keep up with her but, she had so much adrenaline in her body. Fear coursed through Oli's body. She watched as papers from their book blowing out from the empty doorway. She'd sob,

"MIO PAPÁ!"   "MIO PAPÁ, PER FAVORE..."

Over and over again, her voice choking on sobs. Paper was flying everywhere from their prized books as a few things were shattered,  but the house was empty of her father's and brother's belongings. She'd stumble upon a note, dropping to her knees as she read it. They had left. The Redcoats had taken them as traitors and were  being sent back home. The ink was smeared as it was written fast by her father.... She was alone now... With no one... When Edgardo finally got inside the house he'd immediacy start looking all his surroundings, making sure if they were really the only ones in the house. But once he noticed how Oli dropped to her knees, he would desist from wanting to explore more throughout the house and instead walking up to be right beside her. Getting on one knee to be at her level, he couldn't help but also overlook at what she was reading... He would then slowly turn his cranium to look at her now..

"Olivia...."

Her shoulders would slump in sadness and in heartbreak. Tears would bubble in her eyes as the salty liquid ran off the tip of her nose and onto the parchment. She'd sniffle a bit as she started to give into her sadness and anger. Her shoulders rocking with each loud sob. Her fist would clench with anger, balling up the wet paper as she pressed her fists to her forehead. She didn't know what to do now. She was lost and afraid for herself and her family. A woman all alone in these towns could get killed very easily. That thought only scared her more and made her cry more and more.... He really could not help but to feel very saddened by her situation, and feel nothing but hate and anger for those responsible. He'd forcefully, but carefully, pull her into him. Wrapping muscular arms around her small body in order to start comforting her; his rough, large hands would rub her back protectively as he was softly shushing her to relax. He was trying to calm her down to the best of his abilities...

"I'm so sorry, Oli...."

He spoke in an awfully tender and deep tone as he understand exactly what she must be feeling right now..His voice and calming techniques helped to to slow start to relax. She'd tremble a bit in his arms as she was taking deep breaths to calm down. She'd find herself going limp in his arms, her body going numb with sadness and grief. Tears still trickled down her cheeks as she rested her head on his shoulder. Her voice would crack and shake as she asked him very softly...

"Pl-please stay with m-me at least until m-morning... Or until I can f-figure something o-out..."

After he listened to her, he'd pull back from her. His large hands would cup both of her cheeks, using his thumbs to softly brush away any tears from the skin of her cheeks as he replied...

"After what just happened, there's absolutely now way that i will leave you alone anytime soon. I will protect and watch over you from now on, Olivia... Do you understand me?"

He spoke to her as he still brushed away her falling tears. At least until she fully stopped crying..Her large, sad blue eyes would look up at him like a small child's. She'd sniffle as he so tenderly wiped away her tears. She'd rest her cheek into his palm as she nodded in agreement.

" I-I understand.... Th-thank you sire... I am forever in your debt..."

She'd lightly shut her baby blue eyes off from the world as the last of her tears rolled down her cheeks. Something stirred with in the young woman. It was love and trust for the older male.... Which slightly drowned the sadness she was feeling.. He'd nod silently, feeling satisfied with her answer. Once he saw how her tears slowly stopped he'd move his hands away from her cheeks to rub her shoulder and arms in a comforting way as he spoke once again.

"Good... We should go now. I'll take you to some place safe. Where you'll be surrounded by people whom you'd see wearing this symbol..."

Oli blinked. She knew that symbol from somewhere. She reached up to touch the sliver chain around her neck. Edgardo saw the recinization in her face. He decided not to say anything for now. But simply grasp her hand.

"Come now Oli. We'll stay at an inn for the night. "

"W-wait." She said, "my things!"

She pulled turned away from him and began to quickly pack up some of her thing. She rushed upstairs pack up clothes and other feminine items. She silently walked to her father's room and opened the door. Walking to the closet she pulled out something wrapped in lush cloth and quickly, but neatly packed it away. Once she had everything she thought she would need, she walked downstairs and to Edgardo,  who was looking around her home. He picked up a picture of her and her family and stared at it. Before Oli finally cleared her throat. He turned to look at her and silently hand her the picture.

"Thank you..." Olivia said softly, "for everything."

Edgardo smiled very gently, something he rarely did. "You're welcome. Now come. Off to the inn.."

He offered his arm, which she gladly took and the started their stroll to the inn, which would be the start, of an even bigger adventure.