• Happy Late Memorial Day •

This is not a story and I know that Veterans Day has already passed, but let us not forget to pay our respects to our Hmong brothers and sisters who are to this day, still not getting enough recognition for their sacrifices made while serving alongside the U.S. during the Secret War and those who've risked their lives to save the generations. Even if you're not Hmong, but are married into a Hmong family, or if you're only half, or a quarter Hmong, or even if you barely know the language, it is important to know where our people come from and the sacrifices they've made that got us to where we are today. If someone does not know your ethnic background and have little to no knowledge of who we are, please do not belittle them. Give them an education and a better understanding of who we are. There are still many out there who don't even know who we are as a people no matter how many schools teach us the history ( not every school out there teaches it to their students, and if they did, it's always a very short lesson being taught ). Please share this with your friends and family to remind them that we are here today because of our brothers and sisters who've fought in the war, those who've risked their lives crossing the river, and those who've adapted to other cultures to survive.