Chapter 1

This one goes out to Angela. Hope you like it:)

Apparently I had already named Jackson's sons Jake and Trevor. We know Jake, Trevor never came out before. It will now be Jake and Joel. I want to keep the "J" going for Jackson's son. 

Chapter 1

“I don’t want to go.” I repeated the same thing for the fifth time. I was getting ignored, as always. It was a wonder I still made the effort of speaking.

Jake was standing right beside me. Alpha Jackson and my father Saul, the Beta of Staten Pack, were standing in front of us.

“This isn’t up for argument, Leila,” my father admonished, narrowing his eyes at me.

Alpha Jackson, who was usually the one to keep a serious face, was smiling. He was my Alpha and I always felt intimidated when he was in the room. There was something about him. I knew how powerful he was. I had seen him—his Wolf.

My father was proud with how large my white Wolf was growing. I knew I would never be as big as him or Alpha Jackson. Jake on the other hand, his Wolf was grand and he was only fifteen.

“Jake is coming along with you, Leila. You’ll be fine,” my father told me in a clipped tone. The conversation was over. He was looking at me with dark eyes, daring me to speak up but knowing I wouldn’t.

His words were not reassuring. I turned to find Jake shrugging. He didn’t care. For him, it was the same thing to be with Midnight Moon, Highland, or staying at home. As long as he had a pretty girl in his arm, and a little group of idiots following him around, Jake was happy.

“I don’t know why you’re complaining. Midnight Moon is freaken awesome,” Jake told me, hooking his arm around my neck.

I tried to push him away, but he was stronger than me. In the end, I gave up and allowed him to keep his arm there. It just made me look weaker if I fought him and in the end, Jake still won. Jake always won—not for anything he was the next Alpha of Staten Pack.

“Shut up, Jake. You’ve never even been to Midnight Moon,” I said, rolling my eyes at him.

In front of his friends, Jake acted like a boss. That was even a nickname he adopted for a few months, until I told him how douchey it sounded. I was probably the only one who could call him that in the pack without getting a beating.

Jake and I got along really well. We didn’t always agree—we hardly ever agreed on anything, but he was a good friend. He and Joel, Alpha Jackson’s younger son, were two of the only people I really ever talked to.

“I have been to Midnight Moon!” Jake said, defending his lie.

I shook my head at him. We were walking out of his home—the Alpha’s mansion. It was beautiful. Our home was probably just as big, but there was something about Alpha Jackson’s home—it shouted dominance, more than ours did.

“You’ve never been to Midnight Moon. I’ve never been to Midnight Moon and we’ve been to the same places,” I told him, pushing him away.

Jake stumbled playfully. I hadn’t even pushed him hard, but he was laughing at me.

“That’s only because I can’t go anywhere without your ass running into trouble. If my dad didn’t think you were such a hazard, I would’ve already visited all the packs.”

“Well I’m not stopping you. In fact, I can stay here with Joel and you can take off to Midnight Moon to do your stupid little spying,” I told him, walking ahead of him.