5. Let's Talk About It

Silena's day was going really well until one of the Ares Cabin kids came running towards her.

She was relaxing near the beach in a towel getting tanned. At the beginning she didn't heard him screaming her name until he was a few meters away.

She didn't knew his name, but it wasn't her fault. She wasn't like her sisters that knew everybody at camp, and in her defence, Ares Cabin got new members almost every week.

"Beauregard, right?" He panted.

"Yes, that's me."

"Clarisse wants you to come immediately, she solicits your presence," the kid said.

"Clarisse? Why would she want me to go?" Silena said. She was clueless for what the head counsellor of the Ares Cabin would want to talk to her.

"She said it's a, hum, private issue," the kid replied.

That's when it hit her. Of course, people always wanted her to solve their love issues, but what problems could Clarisse have with love?

"Um, yeah. I'll be there in a minute. Just, give me time to put more clothes on," she said, remembering she was only wearing a bikini. She really didn't wanted to go into the Ares Cabin with only that on.

"Oh, yeah. Of course," he said, while turning away.

She put on some mini shorts and a transparent shirt on top of her bikini, with a really nice sun hat to match. She reunited her things and put hem in her beach handbag, and followed the kid.

Silena had never been inside the Ares Cabin, and she hoped to never be in again. She had never seen so many weapons in a same room. The most scary part were the guys. They all looked like they would be pleased to pick up a fight, and their looks told Silena they had been in many. Some of them had nasty scars, and others had glances that told you, 'run, if you want to live,' or 'you are doomed'. They were barely any girls, and they all were robust and chunky. She was sure none of them used makeup. Yes, scary.

Everybody stopped doing what they were doing to look at her. She was terrified. Silena slowly advanced until she was a few meters from Clarisse's bed. How did she knew it was her bed? Easy, it was the only bed with skulls and spears engraved on the wood.

The kid that called her at the beach approached her. Silena didn't dared to go any closer to Clarisse. She sat in her bed, leaned against some pillows at her back, and seemed to be asleep.

"She has been acting really strange lately," the kid whispered, obviously hoping Clarisse didn't heard him, "we think you can help."

Clarisse didn't reacted, so he continued.

"She seems to be, um, upset," he said, "she barely practices at sword fighting, and doesn't want to be part of Capture the Flag. Nothing like Clarisse at all."

"She didn't called me?" Silena wondered aloud.

"No," the beach kid answered, "we did."

"And why did you called me?" Silena asked, "are you sure her problem is related to love?"

"We called you to find out," he said, "we want old Clarisse back, she isn't acting like, well, herself."

"Does she eat?" She asked.

The guy snorted, in a really quiet way, "of course she do. We would already have called an Apollo kid or get her to the infirmary if she didn't. That would be so-not-Clarisse."

Silena nodded. She tried to put the pieces together, but she knew she wouldn't get all of them if she didn't talked to Clarisse.

She reunited some courage and started shaking Clarisse slowly.