The Rouge Bride

The men where coming, thundering down, like a storm behind her. She was not running, but tended to a small field of plants. The sound was familiar, yet an earie felling left her unsettled. It sounded like the calvery came to a stop with the stragglers still trotting along.

A couple coughs and grumbles made her look up. They, in turn, looked at her expecting. They wailed the hideous language at her, repeating themselves multiple times.

At last she called to them in her native tounge, "what you need in this day from me?" Most looked confused, not hearing this barbaric language. Some believed her hostile, for the language was Russian and offensive to some.

She talked again, "to whom is your leader. I need answers or I go back to work."

One man shifted uncomfortably on his horse, then urged it to a walk in front of her. He spoke in crude Russian, if at all was possible, "I am in search of unwed women under 22, sir."

She chuckled slightly, for she was a woman dressed all in men's garb as well with a cap conatinaing her hair. "Why would ye be searching for thee?"

Again, he looked uncomfortable in the satle, "There have been talk of such a woman living in the wooded part in a lodge. Have you seen such a woman?"

"I mayhap seen such a woman a time of two this fall time. She tends to come and go."

"What would ye do if she were to show again?" the horseman asked.

"Oh, for I would tell her ye are looking for her."

Another man came behind the first on foot, "The lodge has woman garmets in it, yet men as well. The lodge is excelent craftsmanship. Yet, I cannot find the woman."

The first one thought this out, then he dismounted and walked toward the lodge. He took a look around inside and out, inspecting the lodge."This is indeed excellent craftmanship," he turned to her, "did you build it?"

"Yea, I had built the lodge," she replied. A cold chill had swept throught the shallow valley, making her cough. The sound had been femine, and with her fists pounding on her chest, the outline of her bust showed. This had confirmed the leader's suspicion. This was the female they were looking for.