chapter 13

Jo was fitting into her new job very well. Every now and then she would send scouts out to listen for work of her old pack. She knew Rick wanted her dead since she could easily dethrone him.

the time came for Jo to have her baby.

"Ma'am, they're going to give you a c-section. with the mixed shifter blood, we haven't been able to get a good utlrasound of the baby so we have no idea what is going to pop out of you. This way we can guarentee that you will have you baby without harming either of you in the process." Jo nodded and laid back as they wheeled her away. Jason looked like he was fixing to pass out. they tented off the lower half of her body so she couldnt see what they were doing and then numbed her. it felt weird. kinda like when your foot falls asleep and when you pinch it, you can feel it but it doesnt hirt, just tingles. Jo could feel everything that was going on.

An hour later, the most beautiful sound was heard, her baby's cry.

"It's a girl" Jason told her. He had a look of pure joy on his face. It was his first child.

"how does she look? Does she look like a pup or a leopard cub?" Each species baby had a slightly different look so you could tell what they were when they were born.

"Uh, neither actually. I don't know what she's gonna be." The doctor came over and started telling them about their daughter.

"Well my friends, you have a very small child. She's 5 lbs 3 oz and 15 inches long. Its not because she's unhealthy, its because of her inner shifter. Jo, Jason, you have brought into the world a bird shifter. She can turn into any type of bird imaginable, inclucing ones from myth like the phenix. Keep an eye on her always. Her borns will be fragile just like a birds. Now, I'll see you in a couple weeks for her check up. Enjoy your daughter." with that he left, leaving Jo and Jason looking completely dumbfounded.

i know these are short but typing on a phone starts to hurt...but hey i got something up didnt i...