Chapter 1: A New Beginning

Yes, I'm writing a new book. It's entirely separate from my other books and is obviously not in my universe because of it. This is an after The End story. Let's hope it goes well. Begin!

~Normal POV

"It feels like we've been sitting in this boat for months."

"It's only been 2 weeks."

In that small boat were the Baudelaires, Violet, Klaus, Sunny, and their adoptive family member Beatrice Jr. Violet was considered to be Bea's adoptive mother, while her siblings were her adoptive uncle and aunt. For 2 weeks their boat drifted across the ocean towards dry land from their old home, an unnamed island which became Kit Snicket's final resting place. This was their only chance to get back to society and start normal lives again. Their hearts full of hope that they would also find their Quagmire triplet companions again as well. Kit had told them a year prior that Quigley, the lost Quagmire, had been sent to reunite with his siblings, but she wasn't aware of what happened to the three of them after that.

Violet was currently feeding Bea some soft food from their dwindling storage of supplies; all the while her mind was filled with longing. She missed Duncan Quagmire. Her charming, brave, and noble, journalist occupied her thoughts most every day since they were separated so long ago by a self-sustaining hot air mobile home. She missed Isadora too, she's her best friend, but Duncan was her true love. Her brain unwillingly drifted to thinking of him more often.

Klaus was driving the ship and thinking of his own issues. He missed Isadora Quagmire, but there was more to it than just him being over the moon for her. He needed to see her again. Klaus Baudelaire learned the feeling of heart break some time ago, and it made him appreciate and love Isadora all the more. It gave him a renewed energy to want to see her again; one that was still there even a year later.

But in the back of his mind, was a quiet thought that he never shared with his sisters; it was the knowledge that if he did ever see the one who broke his heart again he would forgive her. He had no feelings for her, but he would forgive her anyway. He would be with Isadora, for good this time, and that made it worth the effort to forgive. Violet and Sunny knew the feeling of being hurt by that girl in some way too, but they were... considerably less open to the idea of forgiving her. Or at the very least, it felt like they were. It was a subject that simply wasn't discussed; they never had the time with all the things that happened in their lives so quickly. After it happened, they had to rush to Hotel Denouement and the rest is history. Klaus appeared to be the only one who even still thought about it.

Sunny was sitting at the front of the boat looking around through their spyglass. Violet set Beatrice down in her basket and started a conversation with Klaus about their situation.

Sure enough after some time, Sunny interrupted them by shouting that she had spotted their destination: Briny Beach. Once upon a time, this place was a particularly bad memory for the Baudelaires, but now it was something they could look at with joy again. But that was not the only thing that Sunny had found. She had noticed something landing on the beach that looked like a blimp held up by several dozen large balloons, and just getting off of it were exactly the people who occupied the minds of the elder Baudelaires'.

"Duncan!"

"Violet!"

She climbed out of the boat and gave her journalist a very tight hug and blinked back a few tears of joy at being in his arms. Klaus helped Sunny get Bea's basket out of the boat, and once he did, he was practically tackled with a hug from Isadora. However, unlike his sister, Klaus did shed a few happy tears from holding his beloved poet in his arms. The hot air mobile home retreated into the sky as this reunion happened; Hector had accomplished his task and could go back to living the way he wanted to. Sunny was giving Quigley a hug and she noticed how happy he was to see Duncan and Violet together. Almost as if it was something that didn't bother him one bit.