Chapter 5

Dawn looked around her and resigned herself to the fact that even though she wasn't allowed to take anything, she would miss everything in this room. Her fluffy slippers, her blankets, her furnace that actually heated the whole hotel and kept her room like a toaster oven. She would miss her bed even though it squeaked when she sat down and she would miss the – nope she wouldn't miss the coffee. Would she keep her glasses?

Dawn heard noise upstairs in the foyer and assumed it was guests. She got up off her bed and went to inspect, getting a small amount of vertigo when she stood up too quickly. And for the first time since coming back in to her bedroom, she realized she had no shoes on. Dawn frowned and looked around. When did they come off?

Before finding them, she heard another noise except this one sounded louder and like a crack. Dawn didn't hesitate before bolting upstairs.

There were men smashing up the hotel! They were throwing things to the ground, throwing their bats around and smashing things. They had already broken two walls and were in the process of smashing her desk and pouring a clear substance on the floor. WAS THAT GAS?!

"Stop that! What are you doing?!" Dawn rushed forward and pushed over one of the men that were smashing up her desk. They both toppled to the ground but he got up a lot faster than she did. His lips lifted and he snarled at Dawn and lifted the bat to swing it down on her.

"NO!" echoed off the broken walls and all the people in the room froze. Dawn looked up to the tremor and recognized Sirius. His eyes fixated on the man standing over her.

The man with the bat just turned around started smashing other things. As she got up off the ground Sirius had disappeared in to his room with and returned with a small black bag.so he had no concern for the men smashing about. He either knew them, or had no concern for them.

"What is this?" Dawn demanded.

"We are staging your death. Now we need to leave before we're late"

"Late for what?"

"Your ride" he stated finishing the plenty of questions she had.

Sirius grabbed her hand and strangled it in his glove one and led her to the exit. Dawn threw one look back at her home for the past three years and tears threatened her eyes. A fire had already began at the bottom of the stairs and one of the men was walking down to her bedroom, no doubt to begin the same wreckage there.

Dawn lifted her other hand to rest on the arm Sirius was holding her with to seek some sense of comfort. His arm felt taut and cold. That felt familiar. She felt the held back tears leak out of her eyes but freeze at the sudden temperature drop outside.

Dawn followed behind Sirius, her hand in his punishing grip. It felt similar to the way he had grabbed her at the hotel, but it also felt hostile. He was angry about something, but Dawn hadn't had time to find out why, because a sleek black vehicle came in to view on the street. Weed residents couldn't drive cars so obviously Dawn had never been inside a car, she had only seen pictures. It looked to foreign on the street.

'I suppose today is a day for firsts' she thought

As they neared the vehicle she noticed another two gentlemen approaching the vehicle. Sirius didn't seem concerned, but in fact nodded to one that was dressed in a blue suit with thin white stripes. She deduced he must be another elite, and the man with him a chosen one. There was a stark difference in their appearance, the chosen one having scruffy hair a scar on his right eyebrow. He also looked angry, not scared at all like Dawn felt.

The two gentlemen headed towards the back of the car and opened the door on the opposite before Dawn and Sirius reached their side. The door clunked open and Sirius motioned for her to get in, lightening the hold on her hand. She tightened her grip on his arm.

"Are you coming too?" dawn asked desperately, clinging to him. The man that had come to collect her for a big killer organization, and she was scared of him leaving her.

His hand rested on hers and used light force to peel it off. "No, Ms Daniels, I'll ride in a separate car" and then his thumb moved slightly rubbing her skin as if to sooth her.

Back to Ms Daniels again

Dawn's heartbeat was doing leaps and bounds today. It felt like an eternity, but she finally let go and turned back around.

She was pushed a little harder in to the car and landed on the seat with a thump. The car door slammed and the car immediately began to go forward. Towards Black Korazon headquarters

The interior of the car was as sleek as the outside, the sets underneath her leather and softer than her reception chair.

'That was probably charcoal already' she thought. Dawn choked back on tears again, one stray rebel on sliding down her cheek. Dawn buried her face in her hands ready to let it all go and break down

"If you cry like that, they'll break you"

Dawn looked up and across at the man next to her. Scruffy man. He looked worse up close. As if he hasn't showered in a week but he didn't smell so bad that she had to hold her breath. Maybe the hotel had helped her in that regard. He didn't seem to mind either. He actually seemed pretty at ease in the car.

"They love that shit. They love weakness. One piece of advice kid, don't get weak and trust anyone" he said.

"How do you know them?" she asked. Dawn could take any advice she could get but could scruffy man really know what he was talking about. She probably looked a mess so it was his way of cheering her up.

His face found a resolve that she was beginning to recognize. "It isn't my first rodeo"

Dawn hesitated. Had he been taken before? But she had never heard of them letting people go. She thought they had all been killed or similar. Had he been released? Now that she really looked at scruffy man, she saw his stone cold eyes, like someone else she knew. She saw pain and she saw struggle. She wondered where the eyebrow scar had come from.

Dawn was getting all sorts of confused today. But she needed one thing if she was going to survive this new life and survive Black Korazon.

"Do you have any other advice for me?"

Scruffy man's head slowly lifted and her eyes met his. His lips pressed together and brows down, he nodded.

Vote and Comment!