I LOVE YOU

'I love you', the most romantic quote of all time. everyone on the face of the world knows it, we all use it. I've been told I love you plenty of times by family and friends, and i've said it back to them, but I have never been told I love you in a romantic way. You have to be in a romantic relationship to be told I love you that way, it only makes sense. The funny thing is my name is cara and it means beloved, and ive never been anyone's beloved.

         I never imagined myself as beautiful, but deffently not ugly, just plain. I have long dark brown hair that reached down to my waist, and deep blue eyes, I am 5'6 and slim, but with plenty of curves. Besides that i was very plain. My school clothes consisted of skinny jeans and t-shirts with converses or flats, and like most girls I wore makeup which was just a little eye liner and lipstick or gloss, with the occasional use of coverup to hide unwanted zits that arose.

        It was the beginning of my senior year of high school, and I could feel in my bones that this year was going to be awesome. Between high school parties and prom, I was sure to find my first love. In my dreams he would have black hair that slightly curled at the end and framed his face, with full lips, and a muscular toned body of a god, with the hight of 6'5. His eyes would be brown with flecks of gold towords the pupils and green on the outer egde, with a smile that lit up the sky. He would seem mysterious and guarded, yet caring and soft. I know not to expect this, but a girl can dream right?

        Today was the first day of high school I was extremely nervous, becouse one, first day of my senoir year, and two i've only just moved here a little less then a month ago. I havent even really got out of the house to see the town. So i knew no one. I wasn't exactly your normal teen. I had moved here with my older sister, miranda, she was 22, while I was 15. I had moved up several grades when i was younger, I soppose some would say I was a genius or geek. Our parents were'nt exactly parents of the year they had decided to travel the world and leave us to ourselves. Which I can't say I hated, I liked my freedom. We may not have had much but at least we had eachother, no matter how corny that was.

        I was wearing dark coloured skinny jeans, with a white tank top and a black crop top over it that said in white letters i love you with a picture of hot pink lips, and to finish it of some black flats. I had wanted to dress up today. You know what they say first impressions counts, and I thought the outfit was cute and comfortable. I let my hair hang loose around my waist, i thought it gave me a bit of a mysterious look.

        I had everything done, so i started down the stairs to where my sister was to say hi before i left for my first day of school.

"hey", i said while peeking up at her through my hair while She was loading the dishwasher, "what are you up to? Besides the obvious."                                                                                                        

"nothing, just bored and i've got an hour till work" miranda said.

"well then, i'm going to go catch the bus, have fun" and then i was out.

        Since we moved my sister had been a bit stressed, but hey who doesn't get stressed when they move to a new state? I walk out of our tiny two bedroom house and round the corner to where the bus stop is and start to wait. thankfully there isnt alot of people. I'm not antisocial, i just get nervous around crowds of people that i don't know. The bus came at 7:30, and me and another girl with blond hair and grey eyes gets on. Shes actually quite gorgeous, thats when i start to look around the bus and notice that alot of these people are nice looking, with there perect features and toned bodies even most of the girls look toned with muscle, not in the creepy way but the attractive way. Jeez we are not even at school yet and i already dont fit in. There goes my self confidence not that i had much to begin with. 

                The ride to school was pretty short, probubly about a 10 minute drive. I was relieved, becouse people were starting to look at me funny, like i didn't belong there. The school was a large reddish brick building with few windows, reminding me slightly of a prison, becouse those few windows had bars on then. I think they take safety to a whle new level. Thankfully they sent me my schedule for this semester a week before school started so i was able to avoid that akward waiting in the front office then the being late to the first class. No one likes to come in late on the first day, everyone stares, and untill i make a couple friends i would like to stay invisible to thier eyes.

        My first class was english lit. something i'm extremely well at. The classroom was bare, with just the white board, about 20 desks, a couple of book shelves, and the teachers desk and chair. not much to look at but i suppose it got the job done. the teacher came in and started to call name, and students would say 'here' while others would retorted with jokes of 'he not in, can i take a message?'. when he finished i had noticed he did'nt call out my name, just my luck so i raised my hand, praying it wouldnt take long for him to notice. thankfully it didnt. 

        "yes miss? can i help you?", he said " um yes, you didnt call my name". he quickly looked down to his paper.  "whats your name?" and with that everyone turns around to look at me, jeez i hate being stared at. "Cara Philleps, sir", I said my voice slightly shaky. "Ahh i see, new to this school? well my name is Mr.Blake, its nice to meet you cara" Mr.Blake said. "Its nice to meet you to." this time my voice a bit stronger than before. After that he started his lesson.

        During 2 period things got a little ruff.                                                                                                "hey whats your name?" a boy in her class asked. He looked to be about 6'3, light brown hair, and green eyes. He had that pretty boy look to him.                                                                                       "cara", i simply said looking up at the boy through my long lashes.                                                          "well cara if you ever need anything, just let me know", then all the sudden he grabs my ass.                "ahh, what the hell" and I immidiately smack him clear across the face. Not even seconds later, what I soppose was his girlfriend came up to me and smacked me. I was the victim, he grabbed my ass!  I just stared at her dumbfounded. then she yells "touch my boyfriend again or even talk to him and your life will be hell." and with that she left. Me glareing at her like an idiot. I was at a loss for words. I can honestly say thats the first time I was ever slapped.

.....................  

        By the time lunch came around during 3 period I had already been hit on 5 to 6 times, 3 of those I would consider harrassment.  The girls were already talking about me and the incedent from earlier, and by the way they looked at me, none were on my side. Im barely half way through the day and im already treated like shit. I havent even done anything wrong really.

        when i walked into the lunch room it was crowded. there wasnt an empty table in sight. To be perfectly honest i was quite nervous, but I pushed on. There had to be someone in this lunch room who would let me sit with them. I was just getting out of the lunch line with my food when the girl from earlier comes out of nowhere and trips me, thankfully I had just nealy caught my ballance when a boy runs right into me, and BAM my lunch is all over me and this guy and to make matters worst im almost completely staddeling him. Worst day ever!!!! Or so i thought.

        At that moment I felt sweet tingles of electricity flow through me, it felt heavenly, like nothing i'd ever experienced. And at that moment I decided to look down on the boy I was on top of. It was him the man of my dreams, he had ever feature I had ever dreamt about, right down to his brown eyes with the flecks of gold and green. He was gorgious and so perfect. I had never believed in love at first site, but at that moment i knew i loved him with all my soul. i dont know how, but i knew i did. i knew he was goin to be the love of my life, and it was also in this exact moment that i had remembered a quote by william shakespeare "when i saw you, i fell in love, and you smiled becouse you knew."  I hadnt realized that i had shed a tear until his soft electrifiying hand came up to wipe it. "that was beautiful", he chimed, his voice as soft as roses yet as sharp as a thorn. I didnt realizes i had said that out loud. I quickly blushed and turned away, and all to soon our moment ended and all I could hear were the people laughing at me. I quickly scrambled up and with a quit "sorry" I ran away crying of humiliation. At least I got to see his face, for it has been etched into my mind and heart forever.