LXVIII. It's Only Beginning

SONG: Outro by M83

Fianna

Sansa's coronation ceremony had been truly spectacular, even if Robb had clasped Fianna's hand as tightly as possible for the duration of it. In his eyes, the redhead was still the same little girl who threw tantrums every time Arya even glanced at her a certain way. Now, she was standing at the top of the Great Hall and poised to take a seat on a throne that was never made for her bloodline, as the most beautiful and deserving Queen Westeros had ever seen.

True to her personality, Sansa had tailored the coronation to be perfect down to the most minute of details. The stained glass windows that littered the walls that once bore the sigil of a lion, were now shaped in the unmistakeable form of a direwolf's head. The Queen was proud of her lineage, and that was unlikely to change after permanently relocating to the South once again. They had overextended their stay for several days to see her befitted with a crown and to give Jon and Arya a proper goodbye, but even then they were antsy to return North and to their children.

Arya's idea to travel West had initially seemed ludicrous to Robb, but after a gentle talking down and a promise to return within five years, the youngest Stark sister managed to convince her stubborn-headed brother that it was the best decision she could have made for herself. Bran had led them all to the conclusion that every single step taken in their life thus far had been a precursor to where they had landed, and Arya was simply too well-trained and equipped to spend her days dutifully standing beside her family. Sansa had justly offered her the chance to join her Queensguard and be the Knight she had always longed to become, but the brunette had simply shrugged and said "perhaps when I've gotten old, and it's more of a fair fight."

Jon notion had seemed somewhat less ridiculous, as he had announced the eve before of his intentions to join the Free Folk and live as a free man, further North than they could ever imagine. Robb and Fianna could guess why he would consider such a venture after he admitted some of his happiest days were above the wall - where titles nor lands didn't matter. How truly ironic it was, Jon had joined the Night's Watch to free himself from the title of 'bastard', and now he was leaving to live above what remained of the wall to free himself from the title of 'Heir to the Iron Throne'. Although he didn't intend on leaving without assuring his brother, sister and cousin would promise to visit and trial the ways of the Free Folk. Some day.

The common folk of King's Landing had only begun to warm to their new Queen, although Fianna suspected they mainly prayed that it would be the last coronation for at least a short while. Many were too busy grieving to even attempt to line the streets so the people could see their new leader for the first time.

Patiently, the remaining Starks had gathered in the garden to wait for their red-haired sister to join them for the final goodbye. As Jon and Arya saw little point in returning to Winterfell, only to leave again for their desired destinations. Before, Fianna would have felt like an outsider among them. Her family line may have died with Tiernan, but she still had found a home with the Stark clan.