Chapter Nine

*Kitanna's POV*

Blurred visions of green and silver flew through my mind. I could never get a clear image, unless the event was really going to happen. The fuzzy figures hit each other and sprawled. Then more colors were added. Brown, yellow and black. They all fought the silver blob. Then the figures took form. There were four turtles, a mutant rat, three teen girls and... My father.

I growled, feeling my teeth change into the cat fangs I was born with. My eyes burned brighter. I tried to keep my claws in, but the vision was so strong, they were forced out. I wish I could control it. I really did.

The no longer fuzzy turtles were then hit with something. They were knocked down and the evil silver man laughed. I could see that one of the teen girls was me. I looked at the fallen turtles, worried. The four of them stood, eyes glowing... red.

They came after us, but they became blurred again. One of them grabbed my neck and lifted me high. The mask blended with the eyes.

And that was it. I shook the vision out faster. I didn't want this to happen. Not at all. But my visions were almost never wrong. Almost.

It took me a moment before I remembered that the turtles were there with me. I looked at them and their eyes were big. I then looked down at my now ruined fighting gloves and remembered I forgot to tell them about the other mutant "power" I had.

I looked at them and smiled sheepishly. "You guys aren't going to... flip out, are you?"

They stood there in shock for a moment, but then I noticed Raphael... Raph relax. He then made his way over and put his arm around my shoulder.

"You weren't afraid of me, I'm not afraid of you," he stated smiling and his cheeks pinkish.

I smirked to myself. He was so adorable. I tore my gaze away and looked at Leonardo and Donatello, who were still sort of shocked at the outburst of random objects from my body.

"S-So you're also part... cat?" Donatello asked, hesitantly.

"Yes... I am. I can see perfectly in the dark, I have claws and my eyes are yellow. Oh, and my feline teeth are sort of sharp..." I explained.

"No secrets? This seems secretive to me," Leonardo flung at me.

"Actually that rarely ever happens. The only time the claws and teeth come out are when I am very angry or my vision is really going to happen," I explained. It was all true, too. I had never had a vision that strong.

"Oh." Leonardo replied dumbfounded.

"Anyway, Kitanna, why do you have twelve full mutagen containers on your lab table?" Donatello asked, changing the subject.

"I am using those to find a cure for them, like a type of..."

"Retro mutagen," he and I said together.

"Yes. But all twelve of those are different types of mutagen. One turns you into a random object of what you were last near. That was the beginning mutagen, the one that turned you all into who you are. Another can turn you into whatever the possessor wants," I told them.

"So if I threw it on Mikey, and said monkey, he would turn into a primate?" Raph asks.

"No," I say through a little laugh. "The mutagen can pick up brain waves. Whatever the person who threw the mutagen on the other is thinking of, that is what they will become. That is the highest efficient mutagen the KRAANG have come up with."

"So what about the other ten?" Leonardo asked.

"I don't really know about those two," I replied. I saw he went to say something, and I quickly put in, "and before you accuse me of testing the mutagen on people or animals, I have not. I stole a microchip from KRAANG headquarters, put it into my computer and now it analyses any mutagen found."

Leonardo looked at the ground in embarrassment.

"So why didn't you test the other mutagens?" Raph asked arm still around my shoulder.

I gently pulled away, him smiling through a blush. "The problem with that is, I can only test one at a time, and each one takes about two weeks to calculate it all out."

"And you haven't hade time? It looks like you've lived here forever," Leonardo applied, waving a hand around my lab.

"Well, I moved in this old thing about... I don't know, a year ago? Before I even found enough money to escape Tokyo, I overhead my father's plans about some aliens known as the KRAANG and how he would use them to destroy Hamato Yoshi. I then took a boat and left his teaching. I made it to New York, and instantly thought I could begin better. Then I realized my father had moved to New York as well. I had to find a hiding place otherwise he would find me."

"So... is that what the device you gave me was for?" Donatello asked.

"Apparently, Donatello," I replied.

He chuckled a bit. "Call me Donnie. It's shorter."

"Unlike the rest of you," I heard Raph mumble.

I stifled a laugh and just giggled a bit. Raph smiled to himself and his cheeks burned a little brighter.

"And you can call me Mikey!" Michelangelo cheerfully acknowledged, walking through the door way. He was obviously a morning person.

They all turned their heads towards Leonardo. I looked too, but not with hope.

He sighed. "You can call me Leo," he grumbled.

"What cool nickname can we give you?" Mikey said, eying my claws that still had yet to retract. "Oh! I know! Black Cat! No, Clawson! No, wait, you're a dudette. How about Ninjacat! Or..."

"You'll have to excuse him," Raph said, glaring at Mikey as he continued on with weird names for me. "He likes to storm up names for people who are...different," he said hesitantly.

I nodded in response. "You can say the word. I don't really care."

"Hey, Kitanna? Could you help me on a project I am currently working on? You seem very intelligent in the field of science," Done-Donnie asked still in awe.

"Sure. What are you working on?" I replied.

"A regeneration serum. I worked out some of the kinks but it never works when I test it," he pouted.

"Okay, what days would you like me to come over?"

"Whenever possible."

"Never."

"Forever!"

We all looked at Mikey and Raph for their weird outburst. They both wanted me to stay with them? I couldn't, I shouldn't! I have already put them in enough danger. I know they can handle it, but not what I have going on. "So... Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays my schedule is open," I reply ignoring the last remarks.

"Alright. I might have patrol some nights so could you come over around eleven?" Donnie asked, still giving his brothers weird glances.

"Sure. I always work better at night."

"Ok, I think it's time we leave!" Leo hollered.

Mikey, Raph and Donnie hung their heads in sadness. They all walked out of my lab/weapons closet and towards my front door. On the way out, Raph turns and looks at me.

"So... see you Wednesday?" He asked hopefully.

"See you Wednesday."

***End Chapter Nine***