Chapter 6

*Nicoles POV*

The boys Kenzie were talking about earlier walked through the door. I saw Kenzie crawl up into a ball on the couch so I decided to turn off the TV and stay quiet. Who I thought was James sat down beside her and attempted to explain what happened. Then I think his name was Skip, stepped up and motioned Kenzie into the kitchen after explaining to James that he’ll tell her. I nodded at Kenz, showing her it’s okay for her to go into the kitchen. I got up walked over to this extremely cutw guy, trying to lighten the mood a little.

“Hi I’m Kenzie’s friend, Nicole” I said to him with a smile.

“Hey, I’m Beau. It’s nice to meet you” He also said with a smile as his eyes looked straight into mine. His eyes? Woah just woah, they were stunning! These Janoskian boys are gorgeous.

Beau and I were in a deep conversation about how I met Kenzie and James and Luke were arguing over something stupid I imagine when suddenly I hear a “What?! Why?!” come from the kitchen. I shoot my head towards the kitchen door to see Kenz run out in tears and out the front door.

“Why the fuck did you do all this Daniel?!” Beau yelled at Skip from the lounge room to the kitchen. Beau grabs my wrist and pulls me out the front door.

“You know Kenzie right? You’ll know where she’ll go.” Beau questioned as he opened the door for me to get into the car.  I nod and get into the car while Beau runs round the other side, hops in and starts the engine.

“Alright, so where do we start looking?” Beau asked.

“The park, we grew up together there. Maybe she’ll go there?” I suggested to Beau.  It was the only place I could think of at the moment.  I fiddled with my fingernails until we finally got to the park.

“Do you see her anywhere?” Beau speaks up.

“Nope, I don’t think she’s here. That’s her favourite swing in park; I don’t think she would go anywhere else.” I said, pointing to the swing in the playground.

“Maybe she’s gone somewhere to get away from all this, to get some time on her own. I think we should stop looking. How about lunch to get our minds off things?” Beau suggested.

“Yeah, you’re probably right. I just couldn’t help it, I mean she’s my best friend and I know I shouldn’t be worried, she knows this town better than I do, but I would just feel better if I knew everything was ok.” I explained while shuffling my feet and looking out to some young kids play on the see-saw in the playground.

Beau reached out and grabbed my hand and looked back over at him.

“Everything is going to be fine, Kenzie does know this town and so does Jai, I doubt they won’t be with each other right now. Jai would want to know she’s okay every second of the day, the last thing he would want to do is hurt her.”  Beau reassured.

I smiled at him and he pulled back out onto the road, taking to me to some “surprise restaurant” at least, that’s what he said.

*Skip’s POV*

“Shit!” I moaned as I slapped my hands down on the kitchen table after Kenzie ran out the room crying, “This is my entire fault…” I whispered as I felt tears coming to my eyes.

Luke slowly trudged into the kitchen to where I was sitting.

“Beau and Kenzie’s friend, Nicole have gone out to search for Kenzie.” Luke stated.

“Why Luke?! Why did I do all of this?! I upset the girl I love the most, I’m supposed to be protecting her but I done the exact opposite.” I shouted at Luke with tears now pouring down my cheeks.  Luke reached out and out his hand on my shoulder.