Chapter 1

Chapter 1

“Happy Birthday Cara!” Riley Screamed.

“Jesus Christ Riley, Its 7 in the morning!” I said. “How did you even get in here!?”

“The house key you gave me last year.” Riley said nonchalantly 

“I knew I was gonna regret that.” I said smiling.

Riley sat down on the other side of my bed and look at me with that face. The face was a glare with a smile kind of look.

“What are we going to do on my best friends birthday?” Riley said

“Sleep?” I replied.

“How about something fun Cara.” Riley answered.

“Hmmm..” I mumbled

“While you’re thinking, Im going to go grab your present.” Riley said walking off

I sunk back into my bed still half asleep. Once again Riley decided to wake me up. This time by jumping on my bed till I fell off.

Riley handed me a small box with a little pink bow on it. 

“Happy Birthday Cara.” Riley said smiling.

I opened the box gently and found a little heart shaped diamond necklace inside. I looked up at Riley his face still lit up from my happiness.

“Thanks Ri.” I said still bursting with Happiness.

Riley kissed me on the cheek and insisted we do something crazy today.

“Fine with me.” I said

Riley headed down stairs as I got dressed and woke up a little more. I slowly trudged down the stairs fully dressed now. I walked into the kitchen to find Riley making breakfast for us. 

“Eggs, toast, and bacon.” He said

“Thanks Ri.” I replied smiling “Anything I can do to help?”

“Just sit there and look pretty.” He said.

“I can do that!” I said giggling “Hey I was thinking we could go down to the pier for a little.” 

“Whatever you want to do we will.” Riley said with a smile

He placed a plate full of delicious food in front of each of us. When we finished eating we slipped on our shoes and headed for the beach. I only lived 5 minutes away so luckily it didn’t take us long. When Riley and saw the pier we threw off our shoes and started running towards it.

“That never gets old!” Riley pointed out

“7 years.” I replied.

Riley look at me with his gorgeous face. He was the kind of guy every girl like whether it was for personality or looks. He had dark brown hair to the point of almost black. His eyes were like little oasis of ocean blue water. He had a few freckles along his nose. I had wondered why I never had the thoughts of wanting to date him. He was practically perfect. I snapped back to reality.

“You could be with any girl right now sitting on the pier with her instead of me.. Why am I here and not a girl like Sophie Raines, Captain of the cheer team?” I Blurted out.

Riley put his hand on my cheek and replied

“Because she’s not you.” 

I could feel my cheeks get hot as I started to blush. I looked over at Riley who was now kicking his feet in the water. I looked at his face. He was biting his lip. That was the one thing that drove me crazy. As much as I thought of Riley as a brother there would always be a part of me that wanted to be his girlfriend. My thoughts were interrupted when Riley decided to push me into the water. 

“Gottcha!” Riley teased.

He held out his hand to help me up but instead I pulled him in.

“Only a little.” I responded with a smile.

The thought still lurked in my mind. I tried to ignore it but that was no use. I wanted to date Riley.