Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Waiting for more help to arrive was excruciating, what felt like hours was only thirty minutes. Kiara sat perfectly still while holding Tahnee tight she only stopped singing when Casper or Alexander asked her questions then she continued to sing again.

“You all need to leave.” said one of the new guards to arrive. I didn’t care what he said my body was to numb to even consider moving. “I’m not leaving.” Casper spat as he looked at Kiara and Tahnee. “Your highness, it’s within your best interest to wait out by the car.” Before the guard had a chance to say anything else Casper had him by the throat and pushed up against the wall. “You will listen to me. I am not leaving and neither are those two.” He directed his every towards Alexander and myself.

I guard nodded and signalled for the other guards to approach. “We have to be extremely careful one wrong move and this thing could blow.” The guard directed to the others surrounding him.

One by one the guards progressed forward. Making sure they weren’t loud or bumped into anything. “Once within two feet stop and wait for directions.” The other guards nodded their heads in understanding. “Kiara, we are going to do our absolute best I just need you to stay calm and keep very still.” He spoke softly.

They all moved in perfect timing and stopping exactly two feet away from Kiara and Tahnee. “Now I am going to come a little closer, Stay still and don’t panic.” The guard in command said to Kiara. He moved so he was in touching distance and kneelt down so he was eye to eye with her.

I watched every move the guards made. Casper sat down beside Alexander and I as the first guard reached for the first chain attached to Kiara and Tahnee. I held my breath as a second guard moved forward and done the exact same thing as the first.

“How much longer until I can hold my girl?” I whispered into Casper’s ear. He shook his head as he spoke “As long as it takes my love.” I grabbed Casper’s and Alexander’s hand. I turned to look at Alexander and he was as white as a ghost. “She’ll be ok they both will.” Alexander nodded but didn’t say a word as his eyes stayed looking straight ahead at what was happening in front of us.

 The three of us sat here waiting, time ticking by slowly. “The first chain is off.” the first guard said as he placed the chain down on the floor beside him. “Two more to go before we hit the stakes attached to the boom.”

I held my breath as he moved towards the second chain. The two guards made quick work and removing the second. All that was standing between me and two girls I loved was a chain and a bomb. My head became fuzzy as I seen Tahnee begin to stir in Kiara’s arms. “Shh baby girl be still mummies here.” I said out loud.

“Don’t talk to her she’ll stir more?” Casper warned me. Kiara started singing again and Tahnee stopped moving. “You need to hurry.” Casper warned the guards.

The third chain fell to the floor around the girls. “Now it’s very important not to move, do you understand.” Kiara managed to squeak out a “Yes.” When the guard told her not to move.

Three more guards walked up and joined the two kneeling on the floor making a complete circle around the two girls. “I can’t see.” I sobbed into Casper’s shoulder. “They know what they’re doing love.” He replied.

I couldn’t stand to watch the backs of the guards so I curled further into Casper pulling Alexander’s hand with me forcing him to move closer as well. “Ok you guys need to leave at least just wait at the bottom of the stairs.” The main guard said out loud.

“Come on love, we’ll only be a few more meters away.” I took Casper’s hand as he stood and pulled me up. We slowly made our way to the stairs I took one last look back at the guards as we descended the stairs. Alexander was right behind us.

“How much longer do you think?” I asked facing Alexander. “I don’t know not to long.” He replied softly. Just then there was an explosion it pushed us forward and onto our knees as we cleared the last step.

“No, No, No.” I screamed out loud. I tried to push up but Casper and Alexander were stopping me. Finally they let me sit up. “I’ll look.” Alexander struggled to speak. Casper nodded his head and all I could manage to do was cry as I watched him walk up the stairs.

“Quick. Come here.” Alexander shouted as he reached the top. As quick as we could Casper and I joined Alexander at the top of the clearing and there in the middle of the room sat Kiara, Tahnee and all five guards.

“How?” one of the guards managed to ask. Alexander and Casper ran towards the circle in the middle. Tahnee automatically reached out for Casper and Alexander wrapped Kiara in his arms.

“Mummy.” Tahnee squealed when she seen me. I still couldn’t walk forward. ‘’How is this possible?” Another guard questioned.

“Magic, Tahnee.” Said loudly that caused the guards to laugh.