Nutcracker act one (chapter two)

sorry this update took soo long it breaks my heart to that i couldn't date the entirity of my time on this fic. because i love princess tutu so much. next update should be within a week though.-A.N.

Duck wasn't there when Fakir woke up in the morning. Fakir didn't pay mind to it. She was most likely was being a moron and swimming by the lake early in the morning. Ahiru could never stand in one place for a large amount of time anyway. He brushed the fact off and got ready for school, packing his black tights, signature navy blue shirt, and ballet shoes in his bag.

"Karon, if you see Duck, please give her something to eat. I am going early, preparing for Nutcracker tryouts today," Fakir announced as walked through the door.

"Sure can do. Good luck," Karon answered back.

As Fakir walked on the cobblestone streets to academy he looked through his corrections notebook

"port de bra is too stiff on grand circle jump. think of something soft."

Fakir mentally cursed himself. It had been the same correction for the past two weeks. 'Bad habit' people told him 'he would train out of it with time'. If he kept dancing stiff like that he could potentially get injured, and Duck would have a fit.

"more air on switch leap less travel"

Fakir's eyebrows frowned switch leaps where a pain in the rear. just trying to learn them was difficult. When he finally got the mechanics of it, he thought that he would be done frustrating over them. Well at least until the teacher from Men's class pointed the correction above out to him after class. So, he was going to get better, he was going to keep getting better. Not dwell on what a drag things where, duck would nag him about that if she found out. perhaps he could show duck his improved switch leap at the lake. She would like that.

Fakir continued to look into the corrections book even when he stepped onto the Gold Crown academy campus. The click clack of shoes could be heard puzzling everywhere, people talking and chatting to classmates in the green lawns surrounding the courtyard. People rushing supplies of paint, piles of scrips, and costumes. It was to be expected soon the winter gala would be upon them. the gala was a large program and not only brought a revenue of money and sponsors from the town but also allowed the students to be recognized by companies and directors. Ballet students would have their opening night of their production of the nutcracker. auditions where tomorrow, Fakir remembered, he had to be on his a game. Every student with an ounce of common sense knows that the audition starts in the studio. The teachers are already watching who's late, who's on time, who has musicality, and who can take corrections. All these things will make a difference in getting a part or not.

"Fakir!" Someone interrupted his thoughts, he turned away from his book to address the person with a blank stare.

The girl with blonde curled pigtails...who did Ahiru say she was again?....Lily? yeah Lily started to approach him. "Hello mister Fakir," She waved a him frantically, "Are you going to have someone accompany you to the galla? let's say a she perhaps, as in a fair lady friend?" Lily asked wanting to know the latest on Fakir so that she could spread the gossip around school. Fakir was tall, dark, handsome, and mysterious. Not to mention he was one of the still reigning supreme ballet boys in the academy. Some of the surrounding girls stopped and had listened in on Lily's and Fakir's conversation, wanting to know the answer to the question just as much.

"No, If you will move and stop wasting my time. I need to go to the studio," Fakir moved past her. Looking at the clock tower for the time. He needed to get at least twenty five minutes of self warm up before he looked over the Nutcracker tape from last year.

When he reached the ballet building, several people greeted a good morning to Fakir. Fakir acknowledge their presence but if they wanted to take the conversation father that just a good morning he ignored them and continued his way to the advanced boy's dressing room.