Why did Calum gasp? (Chapter 2)

Luke's p.o.v

"Hey Cal have you seen Michael or Ashton?"

"No I haven't but I think he will be-

Before Calum could finish his sentence Michael comes storming in and takes his seat still with his head down. Ashton then comes in after him looking like he's seen a ghost

I looked over at Michael and noticed he was clenching and unclenching his fist but Ashton then whispered something to him that made him totally unclench his fist.

"Wow they must be pretty close don't ya think? I mean did you see that? Ashton just whispered something to Michael and he completely calmed down" I whispered to Calum.

"Well when you've been through so much together it's hard not to be that close"

"What do you mean?" I whisper/yell at Calum

"Umm... like Michael gets bullied a lot and hurt by them bullies and Ashton is always there for him" Calum whispered like he knew something but didn't want to tell me so I didn't press the matter.

Michael's p.o.v

"Luke and Calum are watching you so stop or they will think something is going on" Ashton whispered to me

I stopped clenching and un clenching my fist then whispered back to Ashton "as soon as I'm old enough I'm leaving"

"I know and I'll come with you because you and I both know that you can't live without me and you'll need help looking after Charlotte"

I couldn't help but chuckle at that

"your right but I shot gun the bigger bed"

"No you don't because i'll beat you to it heehe"

"Shut up shithead the big bed is mine!"

Luke's p.o.v

"Michael Clifford and Ashton Irwin detention after school!" our English teacher miss Lang yelled but I was only focused on the fact Michael flinched when she yelled then ashton started running his hands up and down Michael's back subtly as soon as she started yelling.

Ashton said ok and Michael said he wasn't going because he had to pick up his sister but she said that his parents could pick her up and Michael tensed up which was really weird. So I looked at Calum and thought that he obviously noticed as well because his face had confusion written all over it.

Michael and Ashton then stood up and left and I told Calum that I saw it too but miss told me and Calum that we had detention too so we both stood up and made our way to the detention room so we could wait for miss because there was only 5 minutes left of class anyway.

When we got there Michael and Ashton were arguing about something but Ashton looked like he was trying so hard not to yell. As soon as ashton saw us both he stopped and Michael looked up at Calum then stopped talking and grabbed his phone out of his pocket but all I could hear was Calum gasping at something he then looked at Ashton and went quiet.

I looked over at Calum and all he said was 'that must have been some nasty fight he got into last night'

I was so confused but ignored him and walked over to a table so I could sit down but I could hear Michael's murmurs in the distance then everything goes quiet but out of the blue I hear Michael scream and then a big bang that I assume was a desk being flipped over. Ashton looks at Calum for like the millionth time already then runs to Michael with me and Calum right behind him.

When we get there I am totally shocked because Michael is in a ball on the floor with the desk flipped and a phone that has scattered pieces all over the floor near the wall. Michael is crying then Ashton runs to him and whispers things in his ear while running his fingers through Michael's soft looking hair while Michael cries. Calum then slowly walks over to them both and sits down next to Michael and starts rubbing his back while he cries.

I then pick up the desk and Michael's broken phone and sit down at the chair. I look at Ashton and put the phone on the floor next to him then smile at the both of them and wait for miss to come.