I won't hurt you

I had spent years traveling. By now I thought I'd have found my mate, but it seemed as wherever they were, I couldn't find them. It might seem like nothing to a human but for a where wolf finding your mate, the one wolf that would make you feel whole was something that we all wanted. Some found their mate before they were even old enough to claim them. Others decided to settle down and marry someone that they cared about so they didn't spend their lives alone. I had dated but, in the end, knowing they weren't my mate had me breaking up with them.

"It wasn't easy to watch them up there so happy was it?" My sister asked tucking her arm through mine. No, it hadn't been easy to watch another one of our friends marry their mate. She had met her mate a long time ago, but they were waiting until after college before finishing the claiming and getting married.

"No. But I'm glad they are so happy."

"Is father still sending you out for the visits to Red and Grey Moon packs?"

"Yes. He wants me to run through and see Jamie Lester about his new rise to alpha. A congratulations to him and his mate. Then off to Grey Moon to be shown off to their new Luna who wants to make sure that their allies are as strong as her mate says they are. Of course, I'll be doing this while I pretend that dad's not getting me out there hoping I'll find my mate."

"He just wants you to be happy."

"I would like that as well. But I think that finding my mate isn't something I can just will to happened."

"Maybe not but you aren't going to find them just staying here."

"If I'm meant to happen it will without dad help."

"It can't hurt though." I sighed and gave in, she was right. I just didn't want to feel like I was being put on display. "Come on forget the depression shit and dance with me." She pulled me to the floor and I just shrugged and twirled her around the floor. I was displaced by her mate after a few minutes. I shook my head heading for the exit at the side. I'd had enough of lovey dovey people. I was glad they'd planned the wedding at a hotel in the city. I was able to escape the wedding for the hotel bar. Sure, if they looked, they could find me but the likelihood of that was slim. Or so I thought as I saw my sister and father heading my way. I just sipped my bourbon and waited for them to slid into the booth with me.

"Running away is never the answer." My sister scolded sitting next to me while dad slid into the other side of the booth.

"Dane, I know..."

"Dad, please it's nice to know that you two are trying to be supportive but I can handle a wedding."

"You don't need to do it alone though." I sighed.

"I know you guys are there so is the pack, but I think I just need a drink, get some air and maybe go home early."

"You can go home; you do have a long drive tomorrow."

"I'll just finish my drink before I go." Lilly kissed my cheek and dad just gave me nod before they went back to the part.

The sun was up my windows were down and I was enjoying the open spaces, and lack of people. I only stayed one night with Jamie and his Luna Lexi before heading to the grey pack. Alpha Cain was big man who smiled and laughed easy. His new Luna, April sat beside him chatting with me easily about life in general. We were just deciding on if we wanted to order Pizza or Chinese when an out of breath wolf ran in. Cain was on his feet in an instant.

"Southern...border. Rogues."

"Right, catch your breath and follow us then you can." I jumped up and followed Cain. April smiled.