Do I Know You?

SABRINA

It's taking Aunt Ali a long time to revive that deer. I don't know if she needs help or if it's the Riverdale atmosphere. I still have so many questions for her regarding her life in this town. But my thoughts are blurred out by Stevie Nicks on the radio. I can hear her softly murmuring the spell, but then she stops. Worried, I get out of the car and see her frozen in her state.

"Ali?" I call out to her, but she's not responding. She wheezes for a moment, not even noticing me. "Alice, what's happening?" I start panicking, not sure of why she's acting this way. Then, she falls over. Her body is shaking violently and her eyes roll to the back of her head.

"ALICE!" I scream and run over to her. I collapse onto my knees, grabbing for her head. It's rattling uncontrollably against my hold. I'm crying, I'm freaking out for Ali. What can I do? I start to murmur a calming spell. I know it probably won't work but it's worth a try. I have to get help.

I use my telekinesis to lurch the car closer to us. Ali isn't shaking as violently now, but her seizure won't stop. Using more of my magic, with tears in my eyes, I carry her as best as I can into the passenger's seat, hopping into the driver's seat myself. I barely know how to drive - well, Harvey let me practice with his truck a couple of times. But Aunties won't let me get a license, don't want me associating too much with the humans now. I wish Harvey, or Roz, or Susie were here with me to help. They would know what to do if someone was having a seizure. But I can't take Ali to the doctors. I don't know where I am or where I'm driving? Where can I go? WHERE CAN I GO?

I carefully drive down the highway, my heart flying out of my chest, as I look back and forth between the road and Ali. "Hang on, Ali. I'm gonna get help." I whisper to her shaking body and my throat aches. I remember the charm hanging on my neck that Ambrose gave me. Part of me wants to use the necklace to signal for help. Part of me wants to drive back to Greendale. But how would I get back without Ali guiding me? And would Aunties, or even Ambrose, allow me to return? I wrap my fingers around the charm, hoping for some sort of answer to appear out in the dark roads of Riverdale.

I keep driving for a few minutes, looking for any sort of living bodies in this town. I've heard about some of the hot spots in Riverdale from when Harvey and his brother, Tommy, would visit for a weekend. There's a diner called Pop's, some movie theater with a French name, and of course, Riverdale High. But how far away are they from where I am on the highway?

I don't know where exactly I am, but I see a sign a couple of hundred feet away. Sunnyside Trailers. A TRAILER PARK. There's a few trailers with their lights on. A fire is glowing somewhere in the distance. PEOPLE. I quickly turn into the trailer park, feeling the steering wheel burn in my hands, and pull into the lot's driveway. Ali's still shaking, no matter how hard I try to use my magic non-verbally to stop her seizure.

I get out of the car and feel the cold air hit me. "HELP!" I'm screaming at the top of my lungs. I call out again, but no one in that park is responding to me. Is anyone even home? My breathing becomes stagnant. I run over to Ali's side of the car and open her door. Her body is still shaking as I hold her in my arms. I begin chanting my calming spell again, but my emotions are too sporadic to keep a coherent chant going.

There's a woman coming over to me. I don't see her at first, since I'm focused on Ali. She's coming closer to me, I can hear her footsteps. I look up at the sound and stand up to face her. This woman has dark hair and she's wearing some diner uniform. She has three stars on the side of her eye. "Everything okay out here?" she says to me. I panic for a moment. I don't know what to tell her. Instead, I run over to her and grab her arm.

"Please..." my voice is desperate. I take her over to where Ali is in the car. "I don't know.....I don't....." I try to explain. But this woman gets the hint right away. She turns to me and takes me by the shoulders.