-Vanity- Prologue

Prologue

---

She looked out onto the awakening valley with a certain disdain that matted her perfect looks.

Perfect hair, spiralling, coal.

Eyes like fire, lashes fanning out along the rim of her eyes.

Pales lips kissed the dawn of the coming sun. She breathed in the Winter air, and scowled at the wind.

Her perfect skin shone in the waking light, lily white snow.

A butterfly, sapphire, fluttered through the air and brushed against her face, landing on her arm. She looked down at it, at it's patterns and beauty. Lifting a dainty hand, she brushed a finger against one of the wings.

The beautiful texture under her finger pads made her feel... blissful.

Then just as quickly as it had came, it was gone. In her hand, she had crushed it.

As the remains fluttered off into the breeze, she laughed cruelly. It cut like a knife.

---

Holly Anderson was 17 years old. Some said she was the most beautiful in the land. Her angular face and healthy glowing skin was the envy of the land.

Now, she lay in the pond, facing towards the morning sky. Her blonde hair splayed around her face, lilies surrounding her angelic face.

Her eyes faced up and reflected the sky perfectly, the orange clashing with the blue.

Her hands folded over her chest, and in her hands she held a rose. Blood trickled down one finger, pierced by a green thorn.

A tear drifted into the pond.

They found her body that morning, and her mother's cries flooded the valley. The girl looked down, her skin grew fairer, her hair more glossy, her eyes more deeply red.

She laughed.