Chapter 6: New Arrivals

Hey guys! Sorry it took a little longer than expected! *sigh*

 This part is in Zack's POV! YAYAY! (If you don't remember who Zack is, go back and read the books description) This chapter is a bit sad but has a semi-happy ending to this chapter!

And, well...it's here now! :) ENJOY!!! And remember to VOTE! COMMENT! AND PLEASE FAN!!!!

****

Zacks POV:

I was running patrol with my Beta-to-be, Aaron and a few other wolves from our pack when Aaron starts up again about his mate...

"I mean, HOW long does a freaking search and rescue mission take, for God's sake?!" Aaron wails. He was always so antsy when the girls left.

Here we go again, I thought wryly to myself...earning a little growl from Aaron... I just gave him a wolfy grin and trotted forwards and sniffed the air, searching for any foriegn smells...routine stuff, ya know? I knew that the likelyhood of ANYONE being on our land (considering our land was an unheard of island...to most, anyway) was slim, but, we still ran patrol...just to be safe.

We don't want another day like before...

Everone was uneasy now, thinking back to that day, as it ran through my head like a movie... It's not really something I can help, thinking of that day...

The day the rouges took half my pack...and my mother.

Zack...  Aaron spoke in the pack mind-link, uneasy with the direction my thoughts had taken... but it was always like this when we were on patrol.

That day was the REASON we began patrols here in the first place.

That day...that day is a day we, as a pack, and me, as a son, will never forget...

*FLASHBACK*

"Son," my dad, our packs Alpha, began "Your mother and I are going over to the Pearsons' home to help them with Emily..."  he trailed off.

Emily was my dad's Betas daughter... she was 16 yesterday, and today would be the day that she should change. It was protocal that dad help with all new wolves changes... the Alpha being able to take some of the excruciating pain away.

"Okay." I said easily..I knew the drill, after all, I'd be Alpha someday. I smiled to myself as my dad and mom drove away to the other side of the island, where the Pearsons' house was.

I strolled into our massive living room and walked out onto the balcony overlooking the great Pacific... it was a beautiful night, the sky was clear as the sun began to set and the water was so clear right now, I could see the bottom in some places.

I'm glad we moved here, I thought to myself as I heard my friend Aaron walk up behind me... he lived here too, in this huge eight bedroom house.  A lot of our pack lived here, actually, considering it was the pack house...

"What's up, man?" Aaron asks of me.

"Nothing... just thinking about how great it is here, I'm kinda glad dad thought an island would be a safer place for the pack right now, what with all the rouge wars and stuff." I said, staring out at the water still... the stars were out now and the sky was alive with brightness from the moon.

"Dude," Aaron chorteled "When someone asks 'What's up?' you say nothing, like a normal human being and I ask if you wanna play video games... not tell me your every thought, like a girl!" he busts out laughing and I just smirk and continue staring out at the waves as they break on shore.