5

5

Jason couldn’t absorb the fact . an amenta on the island where they stood , one on the blackbird and strikingly on the aircraft which carried them this far in pacific .

“oh ser, yew ar’ ‘ere! Welcome!  Your name was …er … Godamn ! Jazon ! “A man appeared off thin air, his card read Adewale.

“Well it’s just Jason “

“Doesn’t matter! I am your guide, on rook’s island , Adewale”

People are strange on this side of the world.

“this is a strange place , me must tell ya , there’s a tale to it , about it’s history and you must know it .”

I MUST know it? Strange

“In the 15th century, Zheng He, a Chinese warlord, passed by the isles during a voyage to map the oceans. It was an ideal location for one of Zheng He's most trusted soldiers, Lin Cong. After Zheng He left the isles, Lin Cong stole one of Zheng He's colossal treasure ships (named; "the Chaoyang" containing massive amounts of gold and treasure that were collected during Zheng He's many ocean voyages), he promised his crew riches and power and Lin Cong delivered. Once Lin Cong and his men secured and hid the ship, they set out to enslave the natives, the Chinese intruders forced the native slaves to build shrines as well as some towns and temples in his name. At this point, Lin Cong and his men were considered lords of the isles (with Lin still in complete control), the island's newfound empire was short-lived, however, as a vengeful Zheng He returned for Chaoyang and his traitorous old ally. After a relatively minor battle, Zheng He wiped Lin Cong's empire from the island for good (with the help from the Rakyat who took the opportunity to rebel), but not before Lin Cong could seal away his most prized possession: the Chaoyang. And the Rook Islands rumours and myths state that the ship was never found.”

“Who are the rakyats? I’ve heard this name before“ Jason asked .

“they are the lords of the island , the streams of blood that flow underneath their brawny body , is dedicated to the island , they live for it , and one day , will die for IT”

“whoa, great carry on “

“As time passed, the British and Irish colonials landed on the isles after finding considerable amounts of phosphate beneath the surface. The British then began enslaving the natives, along with the Irish and English convicts they had brought, and forced them to work in their mines. Sometime during the early 1890's the phosphate ore ran out so the British packed up and left. The natives who were finally free, picked up the pieces of their homeland and rebuilt the Rook Islands, but with the island dry of resources, it saw another period of tranquillity from the outside world.                                                                                                                                                                        Decades later, a Japanese Brigade General named Takeo Masaki had his men land on the isles to start up a small air force/army base during World War II. The natives were then forced to the centers of the isles, with some being imprisoned and most being killed. The soldiers were then able to build bunkers and fortifications across the island's perimeter with the natives effectively driven back. However, just under a year after landing on the Rook Islands, the terrible news of Japan's bombings finally reached the island's radio station, Private Kashiwara, and Superior Private Shimizu. With tarnished pride, loved ones dead and faith in their country crippled, they spared their comrades from the devastating news by sabotaging the radios and radio towers. This caused great tension between Kashiwara, Shimizu, and their superiors, eventually leading the decorated Major Tanida to kill several of his own men just to get to the paid, whom he believed were traitors working for the Americans. There were also two top secret projects, named Project Tenk and Project Kyouken, that were in the works led by a Doctor Fujita, under orders from the General. After being deserted on the island with the rest of the Japanese soldiers Fujita grew increasingly paranoid until he finally descended into madness, before he met his untimely demise.”

Jason was amazed by what he heard so much about this small island , he wanted too ask him about the amenta , but …when he turned , something froze him - an amenta on Adewale’s cap .