Chapter 10

As Harry leaned out of the kiss, I grabbed the remote and moved over a little bit on the couch so he wasn't completely on top of me. He snuggled up next to me and I entangled myself in his arms, his broken one resting on my shoulder. I lifted my arm and gingerly placed my fingers on his, before turning on the TV to watch the news. Neither of us were really paying attention as Al Roker explained today's weather patterns. Summer was always my favorite time of year, and it was ending very, very soon.

Today was the start of the last full week of summer- and the One Direction world tour. I was going back to school in my hometown with Aria and Claire, but without the boys. They lived in flats in London, about an hour away from where we went to school. I begged my parents to let me move to London, but the verdict was I'd be "better off" and "more focused on my studies, rather than a boy band" back at home for my senior year. I was going to die without Harry. He promised to visit and I did too, but it would never be just like sleeping together every single night. 

I sighed and pulled Harry tighter, not paying attention to the news at all. He grazed his soft lips on my neck, giving me a sense of security. But Paul was pretty good at that too. We settled down, each knowing what the other was thinking: that we were going to miss these moments. Just the little things he did that meant the world. In just a week, it would all be gone. I'll be in psychology class, and he'll be recording, writing, and rehearsing. I died inside just thinking about it. Tears were welling up in my eyes, and Harry noticed it even before I did. He used his pinky finger to wipe them away. 

"What's wrong, love?" The tone of voice he used showed he was very worried. "I-I'm just going to miss this," I say, my eyes getting wetter.

"You're my world," I say and swallow. After a moment, I took a short breath.

"Nothing's fine, I'm torn," I sing softly. "I'm all out of place, and this is how I feel."

Harry joined in with his angelic voice. "I'm cold and I am shamed, lying naked on the floor..." Figures he would join in at that lyric.

"You could never change into something real. We're wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn. You're a little late, and I'm already torn..."

I bury my face in his chest as he kisses the top of my head. "You sound beautiful, Paige," he said warmly.

That's when it hit me- I had never sang in front of anyone before. I never sang in the shower, onstage, at a concert, at a party, anywhere. Even to Harry. I guess it just kinda slipped my mind. He massaged my back softly as I drifted off to sleep.

_____________________________________________________________________________

you're welcome people. <3