Chapter 1

Lucy's POV

Silence. Nothing but dead silence. Closing my eyes, trying to get comfortable on the old rusty small bed that was once my best friends bed.

*Flashback*

I was walking along the dirt path in the middle of the forest. I grabbed my iPhone out of my pocket and look at the screen. 01:38am joys I have like 7 hours until Rita gets up... Maybe she left her window open I thought to myself. I kept walking along the dirt path until my best friend's house came to view. It was a two story house made out of old but strong dark brown bricks and a black wooden roof on top. I walked to the back of the house and there wasn't much there. They had a small garden with one or two shrubs, a small pond with some fish in it and a old small tree house. I climbed the ladder up in the tree house but continued to climb to the top of the tree house. When I was on the roof of the tree house and jumped on to a branch which lead to the roof of Rita's house. I jump on the house roof the walked to Rita's window hoping it wasn't locked but luckily the window was unlocked so I open the window and climbed through the window stepping into Rita's room. This isn't the first time I've sneaked into my best friend's house because honestly this is a second home to me and Rita and I honestly haven't really had a happy childhood. My father alway wanted a son so he said that I was a mistake and it alway end the same. My father will start yelling at my mother reasons why I should be kicked me out of the house then my mother has a big fight with him then it ends with mum walking out of the house. Rita and I have something in common, our parents don't give a shit about us they don't care about us, they don't really talk to us or even look at us so she said that I could stay here anytime I want to because like they would even care. I grabbed some of her spare clothes, opened the the bathroom door turned on the light and locked the door and I started to undress.

When I was half way through getting dressed I heard feet on her hard wooden floor. It sent shivers down my spine as if I could hear each individual splinter prickling and the faint sound of someone whispering. I could just make out what they were saying.

"fuck fuck fuck" 'Great Rita up'. When I was finish dressing myself I open the door seeing nothing?

I start to walk over her bed seeing if she was still asleep when Rita comes out of the closet and jumps on top of me. "Bitch get the fuck off me" yell said.

I started to laugh at her priceless face when she saw it was me "Lucy? What the hell it's not funny you scared the fucking shit out of me!"

"Yeah yeah but now get off me because your fat ass is starting to hurt me" I said with a I win bitch' smirk while Rita just rolled her eyes at me.

"Ha-ha very funny" she said sarcastically while finally getting off me.

"Why are you here anyway." She asked while she pulled the mattress from under her bed.

"What do you think?!? Parents and shit!" She just rolled her eyes

"Well next time try not waking me at... 1:49am okay" she said with a serious face

"Yeah whatever you say Princess and... Thanks" I said with a smile and she just smiled back

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day

"Hey your the one who talked to that bitch" Rita starts laughing at my shame. Never acted one of Rita's dare because she will give you a dare the will give you in a lot of shit.

"And your the one dare me to tell what I think of her and honestly we was like wearing like nothing" I said with a laugh. Yeah I called the chick a slut because she was hitting on a guy and was wearing like nothing you could see almost everything.

"Hey Rita want to come to my place?" It's Monday, Rita and I are skipping school so that means that my parents are at work.

"Sure why not" she answered. When continue to walk and I haven't see many people around and we are on a busy street. I just forgot about it and just kept walking until my phone buzzed. Someone must be texting me

Mum: Sweet come home right now it's an emergency

Me: is okay if I bring Rita with me?

Mum: it's ok just come home right now

Me: k see u in 10

"Lucy who is it?" Rita asked with a worried look on her face

"Mum just text me to come home it's an emergency... Come on we should go" I grabbed Rita's hand a run to my house. By then time we got to my house mum ran out of the door and. Hugged me?

"O MY GOSH I THOUGHT THEY GOT DID THEY GET YOU? DID THEY TRY TO ATTACK YOU? ARE YOU OK?" Mum yelled sounding really worried and scared. What was she talking about? Did I get it? Did anything attack me? WHAT THE HELL IS SHE TALKING ABOUT?!? From the look for Rita's face she was just as confusion as I am.

"Mum what are you talking about? Shouldn't you be a work?" Great now I'm starting getting a little scared.

"Darling there is a virus going around and these dead humans that kept biting and turning people into one of them. I don't know how it started or went it will end but I want you to pack your stuff because we are leave and Rita is coming too" she said with a dead serious face.

"What? How do you know? What about our other family like aunt Sam, uncle Mike... WHAT ABOUT DAD?" I started to freakout

"It was on the news, I already call them and they say there is a safe area in New York. We are going to meet them there, dad he came home sick and is resting in bed I am going to pack our things then I going to wake him up okay." Rita and I just nodded then ran upstairs to my room. I gave Rita a backpack then grabbed myself one and started to pack. In our backpack we have our phones, jacket, two first aid kits, food and water. We also changed into comfortable clothes and I placed a pocket knife in my belt and Rita did the same. We have finally finish packing we waited to the front door for mum.

"Girls take this bag it's full of supplies. I'm going to wake up your father. Understand." Mum

said with a serious tone so we just nodded so mum being to up stairs. By the time mum was gone that was an silent between Rita and I.

"So... Do you think we will survive?" Rita asked but she knew the answer already and I could see she was worried. I was about to speak to cheer her up but I was cut off by my mother screaming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~