Eve: Part 12

Part 12

May 22, 2010. 8:20 p.m.

Eve peeked over her shoulder to see if Clint was still behind her. No sign of him. She let out a breath and inhaled Clint-free air. Emma and Carey were joking and laughing, and she smiled just seeing her brother carefree and happy again. He really was getting better. A spark of mischief shined in his eyes, and his cheeks held a rosy glow.

Emma glanced at Eve, and gave her a slow, knowing grin. “So, did the doctor give you a good talking to?”

Eve blushed, remembering how Clint's lips grazed on her body, sending vibrations of wondrous delight all over her. “You can say that,” she muttered, faking a scowl at her friend. “What did you do anyway?”

Emma shrugged. “Nothing much.” She kissed Carey on the forehead, and said, “Well, I've got to head out. Michael wants to take me shopping. I love it when he spends money on me.”

Eve laughed. Emma had been a career student and perpetually piss-poor. Now that she had a man with a good job and plenty of Benjamins to throw around, Emma decided to finally stop her degree pursuit and spend her boyfriend’s money. Currently, she was on a shopping spree to decorate the brand new home he was building out in the Chenal area.

“So, what are you getting tonight?” Eve asked Emma. “More dishes? Or that set of bath towels you've been ogling?”

Emma grinned. “Nope. Lingerie,” she purred. Carey's eyes popped out of his head as his eyes traveled down Emma's body, probably imagining her in something black, lacy, and skimpy. Eve made a mental note to ask Emma if she'd ever slept with her brother. A part of her brain didn't want to know, but another part said that she had a right to know.

“Um...okay,” Eve commented, and glared at Carey, who saw the look and blanked out his face. She turned to Emma. “Want to do something this week? Maybe you, me, and Chloe?”

“That sounds great. Just call me.” Emma kissed her brother again, hugged Eve, and skipped out of the room. Eve rounded on Carey, fists on hips.

“Can you be any more obvious?”

Carey blinked at her, his expression neutral and innocent. “I have no idea what you're talking about.”

She didn't want to fight with her brother. She'd already bitched out Clint...after he gave her two incredible orgasms, and she was still trying to figure out how she went from breathless and sated to pissed-off and cranky in three seconds flat.

Oh, yeah. He clammed up when she asked what he wanted from her. He definitely had not been about to proclamation his undying love and affection for her. And that was fine. She didn't want his love. She didn't want any man's love. What she and Clint had was purely sexual. Truth be told, Eve didn't want to face the truth of her own feelings about the situation. Cheap. That's how she felt. She'd spread her legs eagerly for Clint, and then afterward, she felt cheap and wanton. Just Sam used to make her feel.

“Never mind,” she told her brother. “How are you feeling?”

“I'm great,” he said happily. “Sage is feeling better, and we've decided to get together once we both get out of here.”

“Great,” Eve said, her mind still on Clint and his skilled lips. God, she was wanton for desiring him so soon afterward. “So, you don't mind if I skip out on you early, too?”

Carey's gaze made her uncomfortable. It wasn't like she was rushing out to be with Clint again. That wasn't it at all. Nope. She was going home...or maybe back to the restaurant. She had some time sheets to update and a new waitress to get acquainted with.