Prologue

So, this is the prologue of my new story. It's the second time that I write in Wattpad since I joined almost 5 years ago, I have written before, but only a book which is about a challenge that my friend nominated me. This is the first actual story that I've uploaded in here, I didn't do it before because ideas did not come up and because of the fear that nobody would read them or not like them, but I decided to try my luck again and do it.

I hope you like it and if there is any grammatical error do not hesitate to tell me so I can correct it, I would also appreciate it if you leave a comment or vote to show your support.

Thank you very much and enjoy the chapter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear the sound of cicada. A younger me chases after a butterfly under a sky as it turned rusty red by the rising sun. This is a dream, a dream I always see during the summer. My younger self can't quite catch the butterfly, as it dances away through the air.

"Young lady, Hey young lady." says a strange guy who appears out of nowhere.

"Hm? What is it?" I asked

"You shouldn't follow a butterfly at dusk"

"Eh? Why? Just a little more and I can catch it"

"You will be spirited away"

"Spirit....ed... away, What's that?"

"It means you will be brought to another world that isn't here, young lady"

"I don't get it! Who are you, mister?! You scared the butterfly away!"

Haha, sorry about that. But butterflies fly between the borders of the two worlds, so it's dangerous to follow them at dusk."

"I don't get what you're saying!"

"I see. That's a problem. Then, I'll give you candy as an apology. Will you forgive me with this, young lady?"

Everything turns black before I can answer or take the candy. It always ends there, I can't remember how it continues. Why do I have this dream when summer comes? I couldn't see the face of the man who was talking to me. The colors of the setting sun were too bright.

***************************************************************

I woke up suddenly and realized I was sleeping in my classroom, which was deserted after school. Apparently, I had fallen asleep without even knowing; the setting sun dyed the classroom a rusty orange, that was probably why. Surely it had been because of the heat, it felt comfortable and cozy and I fell asleep.

- Ugh.... I dozed off.

I stayed behind after school to study, I was panicked over the upcoming test and decided to get as much as I could done before going home. Falling asleep completely ruined the meaning of doing that, I stretched my tensed body and yawned.

"...Guess I'll just go home."

I absolutely won't get any study done at home, and the library is too far away, so I planned to stay behind and study after school, but that became pointless when I fell asleep. If I don't get serious and do something about this my parents will really nag me about it and I'll also get punished. I shook off my sleepiness and decided to tidy up my desk so I could hurry home. 

When I was about to clean it up, I found out there was nothing on top of my desk. The notes and workbooks I had spread out to study for my Math class were gone. On top of that, my backpack that I had hung on the back of the chair was gone too. I looked around the classroom with an unsettling feeling. The classroom...which should have been a familiar place to me somehow, someway felt cold and lifeless. I don't like this, what's happening? What's wrong with this classroom? My stuff shouldn't have been gone, I clearly remember that I had it and I was using it. I saw my friends off after they decided to head home first, and then I enthusiastically put all my stuff on my desk. I ended up falling asleep, but someone who is asleep shouldn't clean up their desk and make everything disappear while sleeping. It had to be some kind of joke; someone took my stuff and was trying to make me freak out and lose my mind, I felt an uncomfortable drop of sweat slide down my back.