Chapter 1

The Text

Shea's POV

I stepped inside the school and a blast of warm air enveloped around me. The cold, winter air from outside blew one more blast of cold in before i shut the door behind me. The back of my neck tingled with warmth. And my tips of my toes felt as though if I went outside for even a secound they would fall right off. Even though I pulled on two sweaters (not including my bright pink winter jacket), three pairs of socks in my emu boots and wrapped a fuzzy grey scarf around my neck, I was still frozen to the core.

As I was watching the news this morning the woman named Karinna (the wheather lady, who dresses as if she's 18 when really she's 42) was explaining how todays high was going to be -28 celcius! The low was - 36 celcius. Right now though, it felt like it was below -50! 

"Shea! I have a dier emergency!" Randy, my best friend hollered down the hall. Uh, thank god it was only me and her in this hall or everyone would have swarmed her like she was the last peice of food on earth. Well I probably should'nt say it was just me and her here since Daniel the dirt bag was at his locker trying to figure out his combination before class started.

Daniel the dirt bag (as we call him) is actually named Daniel but everyone believes he has only showered 2 times in his life. His breath wreaks, to the point where he has to sit at his own desk since no one can sit near him without vomiting or feeling neasus. And his hair looks like he had just stood in the rain for an hour, thats how greasy it is. He's extremely anti-social, but I guess thats kind of our fualt since no one, and I mean no one talks to him.

"What is it?" I said as if I truly did care. Most of the time the problem is that one of her 12 boyfriends found out she was cheating on him then dumped her leaving her heartbroken so she comes crying back to me for help.

"My mom is taking my phone away for a week!" She said harshly.

"What? Why?!" I asked confusley.

"Because I found a ring in Rolands coat, so I told her he was proposing, then she punished me for going through his stuff!" She said as she made an upsetting puppy dog face.

"Ooooh, a ring? What was it like?" I asked ignoring the fact about her losing her phone.

"Hey! I would like it if you could at least care about my feelings, anyways it wasnt that nice it was gold with these weird symbols of this like hummingbird on it. But its from tiffanys!" She said excitedly.

The ding of the bell blew through the school speakers, intruputing our conversation. I rushed over to my locker, number 1111. Of course, my first class is science so my books for science are at the back of my locker. Great! Late for class on my 1st day of grade 10.

"Well, I guess this is good bye! I'll see you at lunch! Bye" Randy said smiling and waving at the same time.

"Yeah, yeah." I said scrounging through my locker trying to get my books and get to class. Books, binders and pens came pouring out of my locker. "Shit!" I yelled, I knew i wasn't going to get to class on time. I have 1 minute 'till it starts and I still haven't got my books out of my locker yet.

Beep, Beep. my phone vibrated in my back pocket of my jeans. I don't have time to check who it was from. I got my books, stuffed everything back in from the floor then ran down the hall to science class. I looked up at the clock, 9:03, 3 minutes late. I quickly grabbed the door handle and sneaked into class quietly, well at least I tried to.

Of course the teacher noticed me coming and walked over to me. Mr. Stewart (our science teacher) is one of the most strictest teachers in the school, so I knew I was in for it.

"Shea, Shea, Shea... You know my policy..." He said smiling.

I knodded. Honestly I dont know his "policy" but I bet if I said no he would have made my punishment double.

"Each minute your late costs ten minutes of detention on your break. He said grinning, walking back and forth with a meter stick in his hand.

"So, I think you can figure it out... How long will you be staying back for?" He asked smirking.

"30 minutes..." I mumbled to him.

"Oh! Congratulations! You learned how to tell time!" Mr. Stewart winned at my face. "Now get to your desk!" He screamed suddenly. That startled me enough to jump. I quickly walked to my desk and pulled out my books.

"Now, class, I'm sorry for that intruption but lets continue on are lesson about biomes." He continued on more and I jotted down everyword he said. Well almost every word. He talks so fast its almost impossible to understand every word. Half way through I had already written out 2 full pages of notes. Then we found out that next class we have a test on the biomes and I was starting to feel like the pains in my hand were all worth it.

"So you guys have another 3 minutes so you  guys can have a bit of time to finish up notes then get out of my classroom for your first break." He said as strided over to his desk to flip through his science books for his next class.

I was finished writing out my notes so I looked over to Teegan. She was quickly jotting down more notes, but she seemed to notice me staring at her and she looked up at me. Making a weird face, she quickly made me smile. I couldnt hold back, my smile was about to erupt. I couldn't laugh, I just couldn't, I knew if I did I would get in deeper trouble. Another silly face, and I erupted like a cannon. I burst out laughing and when I tried to stop myself I realized it was too late because Mr. Stewart had already jumped out of his desk, on his way towards me.

"Shea! You have done it now, get yourself down to the office! Immediatly! You are going to take your first and second break sitting in the office!"

I sighed and nodded as I stood up and slowly walked over to the door and looked back at Teegan, she mouthed the words: Im Sorry. I lifted my shoulders then quickly turned around to go out the door when my cell vibrated again in my pocket.

I can't believe what I just did. My very first day of grade 10 and I already blew it. I stormed out of the class slamming the door. As I raced down the hall to the office my phone vibrated in my back pocket again. This was begining to piss me off. I didnt want to see another flirty text from Kendall. I quickly turned the corner to the office. But intsead of continueing down that hall I ran right smack dab into Msr. Hollands our strictest vice principal ever.

"Shea lynn Roberts!" She screamed at me. "Get down to the office! You know not to run in the halls!"

"I know, I know I wa son my way down there." I replied quietly.

She gave me one of her "looks" and then continued down the hallway. When I arrived at the office I immediatly sat down on the first chair. I had tried to make a resolution this year that I wouldnt do anything bad or get in trouble. Obviously I wasn't doing a good job. When I sat down I pulled out my phone. 3 new messages popped up on the screen. They were all from the same person. An unknown number. The area code isnt even from our area or anywhere near. I looked at the message's and almost passed out when I saw what they read.

New Message: 111 111 111: I know who you are.

New Message: 111 111 111: Never forget the date 11/11/11

New Message: 111 111 111: The day you will die.