Epilogue: A Happy Ending

“Papa,” Peyton cried hurrying into her parents’ bedroom, she ignore her mother grumble as she clambered onto the bed and shook Lionel awake; he groaned as he looked over at his wife knowing that he was the one that was going to have to get up.

Peyton pouted as her father looked at her, he sighed as he sat up and yawned surprised that his children were awake at this hour of the morning. Rosalie made a small noise as she settled back down making Lionel sigh relieved knowing that Madison had not long gone asleep.

“Peyton we’ve talked about this… you can’t make too much noise, you’ll wake your madre,” Lionel said taking his eldest daughter’s hand and led her from the master bedroom; he yawned softly as Peyton apologised softly to him making the footballer nod his head.

It had been two weeks since the birth of Madison and the couple hadn’t seen sight nor hair of Rosalie’s parents and something told them that they were gone for good now; something that eased both new parents’ minds since they had their children to think about.

“Now what is going on?” Lionel asked looking at Peyton, she looked at him with her big brown eyes that reminded her father so much of her mother; the footballer smiled softly at his daughter before Thiago appeared and toddled over to them.

“Thiago has taken my doll,” Peyton said glaring at her younger brother, Lionel chuckled as he shook his head as he moved to pick up his son.

This was something that was going to happen a lot since Peyton now had two younger siblings who would want to play with her things.

***

Lionel stifled a yawn wandering back into the master bedroom to find Rosalie awake and nursing Madison, he smiled softly as he watched his wife for a moment knowing that he was completely lucky to have her.

“What did Peyton want?” Rosalie asked curiously looking back at her husband, she was surprised that their daughter was awake this early when she didn’t have school that day; she glanced down at Madison, who was starting to settle back down.

“Thiago had taken her doll… siento if we woke you,” Lionel said as Rosalie covered herself up, he grinned as he moved to take the baby from her mother; he held her close wondering how he had been so lucky to have this as his happy ending.

Lionel carefully padded over to the crib that sat in the corner of the room, they had thought it would be best if Madison stayed in their bedroom for a couple of weeks until she was a little bit older.

“It’s okay… Maddy needed changing anyway,” Rosalie said tiredly making Lionel look at her, he wished that there was more that he could help with especially during the night feeds but with training and matches; he was away too much to be much help to his wife.

Lionel gently settled Madison back into her bed before he looked at his wife as an idea formed in his mind; he padded back to her side making Rosalie raise an eyebrow at him.

“Why don’t you go back to sleep? I can handle the children for a couple of hours,” Lionel said with a warm smile, he knew that it wasn’t a lot but his wife needed to rest and he didn’t have anything else to do until he left for the team hotel later that evening.

***

Rosalie chuckled stepping into the kitchen with Madison in her arms, she knew there was a reason that she never left her husband alone with the children and this was it; the kitchen was covered in flour and so were Peyton and Thiago.

“So what do we have here?” Rosalie said making Peyton and Thiago smile at their mother while Lionel swallowed as he realised that his wife was awake; he looked at her innocently as he attempted to wipe up some of the flour that seemed to cover the counter and the floor.

Rosalie smiled as she shook her head and shifted her hold on Madison, she raised an eyebrow at Lionel who grinned as he realised that she wasn’t mad; Rosalie spared a glance at her children knowing that they were both going to need a bath.

“We were making cookies,” Peyton said wrinkling her nose, she looked at her father who nodded his head while Thiago messed around with the flour; Rosalie chuckled as she moved to set Madison in her bouncy chair so that she could start to clean up.

Lionel opened his mouth in protest, he didn’t want her cleaning up when it was his mess to begin with; he frowned as Rosalie sent Peyton to wash up before she smiled at him.

“I’m fine trust me… you and Thiago had better go and clean up,” Rosalie said with a smile, she couldn’t believe how much mess her husband and children could make in a couple of hours while she was sleeping.

Lionel chuckled and nodded his head as he lifted their son up, he watched as flour fell off him and Thiago knowing that it wouldn’t really be cleaning if he was dirty himself and he would only make more of a mess.

“I love you,” Lionel said making Rosalie smile at him, she knew that everything was going to be okay and that the worst of everything was behind them now.

“I love you too, now go and get a bath,” Rosalie said amused ushering him out of the kitchen with their son; she chuckled to herself as she turned back to check the damage of what had been made by her family.

Rosalie shook her head walking through the kitchen and wrinkled her nose at the cookies that had been made; she smiled to herself as she quickly set about cleaning knowing it wouldn’t take her long to make a new batch.

THE END.

###

Author's Note:

Thanks to everyone that read, commented and rated this story... I couldn't have done it without any of you xxx