Chapter 5: Andi

Chapter 5: Andi

“Oh, shit,” Chase muttered and that was when I began panicking.

“Get everyone out of the house right now!” I commanded Chase and he nodded gravely. Within seconds, he dashed upstairs and I heard a distant crying and yelling from above. Ignoring the panicky footsteps, I stared at the cake and took a deep breath; trying to remember the training I had for disabling bombs that I learned when I was twelve years old.

“Every bomb is different,” my trainer had said, “and they come in different shapes and sizes.”

“And always cut the blue wire, never red,” he had said seriously.

“Andi? Let’s go,” Chase now stood in front of me, with his arms extended.

I shook my head and met all of the eyes of the Peirce family, “I want you guys to get as far away from here as possible. Get somewhere safe and don’t let anyone in.”

“We are not leaving you behind,” Olivia said fiercely and Chase nodded.

“I’m sorry, but I have to stay here and diffuse this,” I said.

“Crap, three minutes and fifty three seconds. Go!” I yelled and they took one long look at me before scattering to the front door.

Chase, however, remained frozen and I glance sharply at him.

“Chase, go,” I begged and he shook his head.

“No, I’m staying with you,” he vowed and I shook my head.

“I don’t have time for this right now Chase. If I happen to cut the wrong wire, we will be dead. I can’t lose you like this. So please, for me, go and be safe,” I resisted the urge to cry.

“Andi,” he said gently, and I looked up to meet his soft eyes that said too much for one spy to understand.

“I’m not leaving you, so get it through your head. I love you too much to let you go. If this bombs goes off, we will both die, because if you die alone, I won’t be living either,” he whispered and I melted.

Then I noticed the damn cake, and nodded solemnly.

“Then let’s do this,” I said and he walked up beside me, handing me my bag of weapons.

I reached into it and got out a pair of gloves and wire pliers. I reached into the cake cautiously and moved the frosting away to reveal and square bomb with a blue wire, yellow wire, and a red wire. There was a screen with said that I only have about two minutes left and I reached for the pliers.

I sighed and grasp the pliers, scared and unsure. If I happen to cut the wrong one, we will both be dead and if I hesitated, we will still be dead. I glanced at Chase, and he looked at me solemnly but will trust in his eyes.

“I’m assuming you will cut the red one?” he asked and I shook my head.

“My trainer told me to cut the blue one, but I can’t just assume,” I replied.

I stared at the bomb a moment longer, waiting for some sort of answer to pop up at me. Still, I got nothing.

“God damn it,” I hissed in frustration, hating the fact that I’m unsure about this. Spies are perfectionist, they know everything, hear everything, and see everything.

Wait a minute, see everything…

“Chase, when you and Anna were little, what color did she say she like best?” I asked Chase.

He looked confuse but replied, “I think she said something about liking the color red .”

“Did she have second favorite?” I asked.

“Well, when she was eight, she liked red. But when we were ten, she changed her color to yellow,” he stated.

“And when I walked into the house, she was wearing all blue,” I murmured, finally connecting all the dots together.

The sequence of this wired bomb would coincide with her favorite colors throughout the years. The clock was ticking down and I clenched the pliers in my hand, waiting for about ten more seconds to go.

25, 24, 23, 22, 21, 20, 19, 18…

Immediately, I cut the blue wire with my pliers and tensed, waiting for some sort of sign of incorrection. It didn’t explode so I waited once more. When it reached to ten seconds, I cut the yellow wire, and finally, the red wire at eight seconds.

The timer froze, and I sagged in relief.

“You did it,” Chase said in awed and I turn to look at him with a tired smile.

“No, we did it,” I insisted and he grabbed me into his warm chest.

Chase leaned in and I respond immediately, kissing him just as fiercely.

“Call your family. I need to get rid of this thing,” I gestured to the cake and he nodded.

I called Ray on my speed dial and he responded, “Yes, Andi?”

“A bomb in the Peirce mansion,” was all I said.

“Set my who?” he immediately asked.

“Anna Quincy. I think you should do a check on her,” I suggested and he agreed.

“We’re right on it,” he said and we hung up.

“Everything okay?” Chase asked me when he came walked into the living room, where I was seated after I dispose of the bomb.

“Fine. Ray is going to do a check on her file to see who the hell she is. Though I think I probably know,” I answered and Chase nodded grimly.

“Black Venom?” he asked, unsure.

“No, I don’t think its Black Venom,” I answered.

“Then who is she?” he asked, just as his family walked in the door.

“Chase, Andi!” Eliza yelled and threw herself at us. I hugged her and Chase gave her a kiss on the cheek, when Olivia appeared with a teary expression.

“I’m so glad you guys are okay,” she sniffed and I smiled at her.

“Thank you so much,” Mr. Pierce turned to me with a smile of gratitude.

“No problem,” I answered and sighed, deep in thought.

“So it’s Anna who set the bomb, huh?” Kristy asked in anger.

I smiled and said, “Yup.”

“I’m going to freaking go kill that bitch,” she hissed and I laughed.

“Don’t worry, she will be handled,” was my response.

I smiled grimly at the image of me beating the crap out of her, but I have a feeling that her skills shouldn’t be underestimated. That girl is deadly, if not more, than me.

“Hold on a minute, is Anna a spy too?” Chase asked me.

I held eye contact with him for a few seconds and said darkly, “No, she’s an assassin.”