Chapter 1

I had bought an issue of night time job search magazine at the corner store.

Holding it in my hand, I was waking toward home.

"I have a debt of...$500,000..."

This all happened within the last few days. my father, who had his own business, solemnly broke the news to my mother and me.

"It might be impossible to sustain my business." he had told me.

It was not a very large business, but I thought he was doing reasonably well. After graduating from university, I had started work for a publicity agency as a secretary, and was never involved it.

I had no ideas that it was in trouble. Honestly, even after he told me he had gone under, I never really understood.

However, what I did know was that I had a huge liability of repaying the $500,000.

I was told that I had no legal responsibility to repay it, but I refuse to default on the debt. I was the only child so my parents debt became my debt. Even if I claimed no obligation to repay it, no bank or loan company would accept that.

After explaining the situation to Satake who I though of as my boyfriend, he stopped returning my calls, even though I never intended to ask him for money.

I thought about my parents and the unhappiness I heard in their voices every time I called...

I took the magazine I had just bought and flipped through a few pages while waking.

"I'll keep my current job, and work another part time job" I though out loud "even though it's prohibited, I have no other choice..." I began scanning the pages "A cabaret club? No, I'm 28, which is too old for that job...how about a hostess job? that requires a person who has a nice figure...can I do that?"

If I kept questioning myself like this, I would never be able to pay off the $500,000. Instead of thinking about it, I had to do something.

BANG

My train of thought was interrupted as something bumped into me hard and I fell flat on my butt.

The magazine flew out of my hands.

"Are you alright?"

When I raised my head to look at the source of this calm, caring voice, I saw a serious-looking man standing there wearing a expensive looking suit.

"Yes...I'm sorry..."

"You dropped something." He picked up the magazine and passed it to me.

I didn't want to be seen reading this kind of magazine.

"Why do you need a night job?" He asked

I looked at him, surprised by his noisiness "That's none of your business."

He just smiled at me "Oh, I think you'll find it is my business."

"What...?"

Surprised by his response, I asked him again. He gave me an odd looking smile, turned his back, and started walking away.

"You will understand soon."

"Wait..."

Unable to run after him I just stared at his back while holding on to the night time job search magazine.

⑅*♡⑅*♡⑅*♡⑅*♡⑅*♡⑅*♡

What happened yesterday? I don't know anybody handsome like him...but I have the feeling that I've definitely met him somewhere before.