Grief

Usagi's POV

During the funeral, I tried to stay as composed as I could, but I felt an immense heaviness weigh down my heart.

I nearly lost it when I saw Misaki's stiff body in that coffin.

He looked so beautiful, even in death.

Many people came to give me their condolence, but I paied no attention

I was glad that when it was over that I could go home.

As soon as I got to the house, I fell to my knees, finally allowing myself to wallow in my pain.

The memory of that day coursed through my mind each detail bringing new waves of pain and suffering.

Flashback

I woke to the the sound of a gentle breeze coming in through the window yawning, I stretched my arms in front of me and glanced towards the night stand at the clock. It read 11:23 I then took a quick glance toward's Misaki, but he appeared to still be in a deep sleep.

I didn't wan't to wake him just yet so I quietly got out of bed and headed to the shower. I thought of all that we were going to do that day.

Our boat was to pick us up around 3 so I wanted to make the last few moments of our trip enjoyable.

I was going to take him out to see the small ocean creatures in the wave pools, we were going to eat a bento pick-nick on our favorite rock.

We would tell stories and joke around.

We we would laze back against that rock and soak up the sun.

We where going on a speed boat to get back to the mainland and from their take a plane back to our house.

I had planned it so we would have a small celebration with my sweet Misaki's family.

I ended my shower and stepped out.

I then quickly pulled on some white shorts and a floral tank-top.

I then made my way back to Our room. I saw that Misaki was in the exact same position as before.

I walked over and tried to caress his cheek to wake him, but as soon as I felt his skin, I jerked my hand back.

He was freezing!

I panicked and tried to wake him up by shaking him gently, "Oi Misaki, Misaki, Misaki, Wake up, Misaki wake up.

I looked into his face and saw how blue his lips where. Then I placed my head to his chest, straining to hear his heart beat.

There was only silence.

This can't be happening!

He was fine! He was getting better. He...he's probably faking it.

"Misaki I know your pretending so just wake up."

I still got no response

I then thought maybe his heart needed a boost, so I started doing chest compression's.

I kept giving him the compression's for hours, I thought if i kept going he would wake. It wasn't till 3 when the people who where bringing the boat came in.

They saw me giving Misaki the comprehensions and immediately called emergency.

It wasn't until the paramedics came that I finally stop.

I felt relief, "They would take over and wake him up" that's what I thought.

But I saw that they weren't doing anything instead they brought in a sheet about started to cover him.