2. Time Escapes Me

All I can hear is screaming. Shrieking. Squealing. Dirty remarks.

There’s a sea of teenage girls surrounding Kate and I, even being in a regular $80 seat. The place is illuminated solely by the screens of random devices and flashing lights. The arena begins to quieten down to a hum, reverberating from the walls and floor. A spotlight suddenly turns downward to the stage, everyone’s eyes following it until it reaches a girl. Leigh- Anne Pinnock. 

The hyper start of Little Mix’s first hit ‘Wings’ from last year sounds and three more lights shine down on the other girls; Jade Thirwall, Jesy Nelson and Perrie Edwards. The stadium immediately fills with screams as the girl-band continues with their set.

Over an hour later, Kate and I spare a glance at eachother  for the first time in what feels like forever and begin fangirling our brains out, screaming as the realization of where we are and what’s happening hits us. Tonight was going to be extraordinary, judging from what had already occurred in the past 2 hours.

Allow me to fill you in on a couple of little details between when I witness One Direction leaving our hotel through an emergency exit, to now.

Well, without going into complete detail, Kate and I got plenty of 1D merchandise, including jewellery sets, hoodies, an assortment of different styles of shirts (Styles, geddit?), some ‘vas happenin’ trackies and even cups and stationery with our five beloved’s faces printed upon them. What’s better, is because we were some of the last fans to get to the stalls of merch expecting there to be nothing left, the employees opened several new boxes and offered everything to us half price. HALF PRICE! I was officially in heaven and by the looks of it, I still am.

Anyways, before we even got inside the venue, because we ended up pretty late and were some of the last stragglers to be let in, we saw the boys come in a van and walk up the steps and through the back doors. Niall even looked at me.

 My baby god damn looked at me, but only because I dragged his attention from listening to Paul’s instructions to listening to me screaming about how much I love him and that I’d beat him in an eat-off. Kate hid her face in embarrassment but I on the other hand stood proud, blowing kisses to my future husband. Regrets? Never. At least I locked my gaze with two beautiful aquamarine coloured irises for nearly 6 seconds, which was the longest I’d kept my eyes on another’s in a very long time.

There may only be two exciting things in between, but c’mon. They are fundamental to keeping me from going into relapse. Yes, I have depression. One Direction have saved my life multiple times, and if I can’t thank them personally, having eye sex and giving them my hard earned cash should be enough to express my thanks.

As the concert started, I could feel my throat already beginning to feel raw and my voice sounded gravelly. The boys were singing ‘Live While We’re Young’, the first single released from their album. Kate and I asked the girls (and two awkward looking boys) behind us whether it’d be okay to partially block their view for a little while so we could hold up our gigantic sign, printed in huge writing it said ‘you’re our lives’ in capitals along with an equally large heart underneath.

As the boys sang the second chorus, Liam’s eyes scanned the huge crowd, and as he got to our point of the joint he tapped an enthralled Louis on the shoulder who then turned around and both boys eyes were glued to ours or our sign, either way. Both pointing at us, the other 3 boys turned their heads up toward our row and the largest grin crossed all five of the teen heart throb’s faces.

As Niall pointed toward us while singing the chorus following the bridge, catching my eye for the second time in two hours, I turned the huge sign around, Kate catching the drift and helping me, we flipped it to the side that I begged Kate to include. It read; ‘I’m in love with you Niall!’ along with my twitter name. It even had those little flashing lights on it to illuminate it, making it easier to read. Niall’s eyes never left mine until he blew me a kiss made a heart with his big hands.

My heart flipped and the pterodactyls began soaring around my belly. 

I’m in love with a boy I could never have a chance with, for the second time. I felt broken, but I wouldn’t let the thought interfere with the experience I’m having. When the boys went backstage to change, Kate and I brought down the sign and thanked the good sports behind us for letting us block their view.

“NIALL FREAKING HORAN BLEW YOU KISSES! YOU’RE SO LUCKY!” A blonde, tan girl yelled at me to be heard over the commotion. I blushed and agreed. We exchanged twitter, facebook and tumblr names as the boys ran out onto the stage once again, hyping up the audience to an extent of hyperventilation for most girls.

The concert went by in a colourful and extremely loud blur.  We had reached the twitter questions of the night and had already been through at least ten or fifteen. I had sent in 9 of the same tweets, nothing in comparison to the amounts other girls had, but I figured it wasn’t that important, tonight meant enough to both Kate and I. The boys finally arrived at the last question, but I didn’t notice because I had slightly zoned out and was staring intently at the young Irish lad dancing around on the stage.

“Celeste, Celeste!” Emma shouted in frustration, prodding me in the shoulder continuously.

“Hmm, yeah?” I replied dreamily, dragging my eyesight from Niall to the ecstatic young girl standing before me.

“Your question! They’re answering your question!” She enlightened me, unnecessarily slapping my cheek, grabbing my chin and pulling my head around to read the screen, and sure enough my tweet was displayed on it, clear as day. I guess today being last was coming in handy. The pretty girl behind me -who I learned her name was Jewl, like Jule or Jewel. I guess her appearance reflected the pronunciation of her name- was tickling my back as cheeriness washed over me.

I guess you’re guessing what my tweet was, yeah? Well it wasn’t anything extreme, it was simply getting them to do the Inbetweener’s Dance since I hadn’t found anything about them doing it since their earlier days. They obliged and commenced with the little dance, Louis ending with his infamous thrust. Hold me. Zayn then picked out our row with Harry’s help and when the other boys followed their gaze, Kate and I held up our sign and they burst out laughing and clapping.

“We meet again, aye lovies.” Niall comments, speaking into his microphone, winking up at us. I blew him a kiss while he was still looking and he pretended to catch it. All the surrounding girls were screaming and crying, and Kate and Jewl were jumping up and down, patting me on my head, arms, shoulders, back, waist and stomach. You could say I felt pretty special at that moment in time (pun intended).

The boys, beginning with Liam, gave their massive thankyou’s (yes, another pun) to the crowd for the amazing evening and walked backstage. Everyone began booing and screaming “encore!”

“Is that an encore I’m hearing?!” Louis’ cheeky voice booms over the speakers. Everyone lets out blood-curdling screams as the lights dim again and strobe lights fill the stage and higher balconies, where Kate and I were. The sheer emotion was thick in the air, most girls sobbing and shrieking at the same time.

The boys then filed out onto the stage for one more song; What Makes You Beautiful, their first worldwide hit. I had to cover my ears to protect them from the screaming, it was that loud. Kate and I sang along to the boys and didn’t even notice the ending approaching because we were so lost in our happiness. We –along with the other thousands of people- almost silently observed and cried as we observed the boys give their final bow and dash off the stage.

The lights gradually faded and the overheads came on instead to guide everyone out of the arena. Kate and I simply sat and allowed everyone to squeeze past us.

Time really has escaped me.

It took nearly an hour for the entire stadium to empty. Kate and I simply sat in silence, reminiscing. I sat there eating the multiple cheeseburgers I thought to bring along to satisfy my constant hunger, then moved on to the large bag of burger rings.

We just sat there, staring into space, watching the people working on taking apart the stage and lighting, munching on our snacks. I was about to grab my huge tub of chocolate custard when Kate nudged me with her elbow and nodded toward a large figure approaching us. As he proceeded to come closer to us, I took him in and labelled him as a member of security.

“Ladies, could you please follow me?” 

vote/comment/fan or whatever, so yeah, go do that. Ily if you're reading xxxxx

Fandom (A One Direction Fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara