part 1

AN: This is my first story of course on wattapad. I had a little help from @camdaphanee who is my bff/twin in the story and in real life as well so yeah..I hope this reaches out to anyone who is dealing with a disability, depression, etc and isn't triggering. If it is I'm sorry. May this be my warning. (This is a 5sos fanfic btw if you couldn't tell by the cover and whatnot ;) )

"Cali? Cali. Cali!! Wake up!"I opened my eyes and turned around only to see my annoying little brother Calum with his hand on my shoulder trying to shake me awake. Then I remembered: today was the first day of school and I was gonna be late. SHIT! I got up into my wheelchair (which I've had to used my whole life thanks to my disability), wheeled myself to the bathroom, washed my face and got dressed. I decided to just brush my long, naturally dark brown hair that I'd recently dyed purple with blue tips into a low ponytail.I didn't even bother with makeup seeming as though I'd already be late for my bus. I quickly went back to my room where calum was waiting for me with my bag slung over his shoulder. Yeah, sure he was annoying to me sometimes because he's my little brother but hey, he's got his moments where he pulls through for me and our older sister Mali."Thanks lil bro"I say with a small smile as I grab my bag from him and rush out the door just as my bus driver thought about pulling away. She lets me get on without a problem. On the bus my chair gets tied down and I'm then seated behind my best friends Cammie and Ashley. I've pretty much known these girls my whole life besides Corey, my guy best friend, and Danielle, my other girl best friend. The only new friends we've all made in school is our friends Eliot and Mac or Kenz as Cammie loves to call her. We all love those 2 to death as well so its like we've known them that long as well. They ALL felt like siblings to me aside from calum and Mali. Anyways, I was ESPECIALLY excited to see Cammie this morning because the night before we were playing truth or dare at my house and we both dared each other to dye our hair some crazy color (since we've always wanted to but never got motivated to). Once I was on the bus I was excited to see that the blonde in the once ombred hair was now blue, green, and purple. It looked like the ocean. Ashley on the other hand took the safe route and dip-dyed the ends of her shoulder length blonde hair pink. We rode the bus all the way to school talking about anything and everything we could in those short 15 minutes. The school day was boring as usual and finally the bell rang for lunch aka the BEST TIME OF THE DAY EVER. I wheeled my way out the door and down the hallway. Suddenly someone shoved past me knocking my hand off my wheel.I looked up pissed. He turned walking backwards and said "nice wheelchair" with a devilish smirk when all of a sudden I see a rock fly past me and hit the kid in the shoulder. That could only mean one thing. "Get the fvck outta here kid!" Cammie. :) the freshman ran down the hall and I thanked Cammie. As we were by my locker I look up over the row to see this guy staring at me. He had dark blonde half wavy half curly hair secured by a dark blue bandana. He was also wearing a black tank top with dark blue skinny jeans. He quickly looked away when he saw me look over. Slightly confused I told Cammie we should meet the others for lunch now. "Okay we're sitting at a different table today since a bird attacks ours" she said. "Oh right! I was going to tell Jeremy so that could get cleaned up" I said. Jeremy was our custodial friend. He was really cool and had graduated only a few years before. We made it to the table where all our friends were. Our group was made up of sophomores, juniors and seniors. Cammie was the youngest and one of the tallest while thanks to my chair I was the oldest after Ashley and the shortest. I didn't mind it though really because my friends loved me the way I was.

***when I got home no one was there except my parents and Mali since calum had just recently started having band practice with his friend Ashton, Ashton's brother Luke, and their friend Michael. When I got to my room I closed the door, turned on my music, changed into my comfy sweats, and started on my homework. An hour or so later calum came home and our mom called us into the kitchen to eat dinner. We talked about how school was for me and calum and Mali also chimed in because she had recently started her sophomore year of college. After dinner I helped clear the table and then got ready for bed. A few minutes later I was in bed watching YouTube videos on my laptop as I usually do when I got a text from Cammie "I saw that kid with the bandana in his hair staring at you. You know him?" I read. I replied back "Nope never seen him a day in my life. Today was the first day ANYONE like him noticed me" "weird.." She texted back "yeah I know...wonder what's up with him.." I replied again. "Boo!" Calum comes up from behind me and grabs me in a tight hug from behind. "CALUM! what the HELL was that!?" I ask him laughing as I smack him with one of my pillows off my bed. "I don't know. Just thought I'd see what my favorite sister was up to...and scare the crap outta her while I was at it" he says with a little smirk crawling across his lips as he says the last part.  I smack him once more before sliding over for him to sit beside me. I've always loved the little talks me and calum ( and sometimes Mali if she wasn't busy) would have. Mostly they were random things about his band or our groups of friends. Sometimes they'd be me giving him advice on girls or me just letting stuff off my chest because he knew I suffered from depression, anxiety. I also had self harmed in the past. The WHOLE family knew about that one. It was honestly safe to say my siblings were my best friends at home.We talked a few hours about the other boys who were complete dorks from calums perspective. Our family had only met Michael before because him and calm were attached at the hip it seemed. EVERYONE I knew thought Michael was weird except my friends because they'd seen a side to him the rest of the kids we knew didn't. Truth be told Michael was probably one of the sweetest guys I've ever met. I had jokenly nicknamed him the 'candy coated marshmallow' because he seemed tough physically but when you knew him personally he was a really cool, fun, and kind person. After talking about the band and school calum got up, said goodnight, and walked towards his room which was just next door from mine so if I needed anything, my little brother was right there. After he left I decided to get some sleep for the next day because I didn't wanna be woken up like I had been this morning.