Chapter 4: Party time

Chapter 4

Emily's P.O.V

Walking to where Luis was sitting, I turned my back to see Jake looking at me, giving me that smirk of his. That stupid idiot. But I'll have my revenge. Don't you worry Jake.

Getting closer to Luis, I started to observe him well. He's actually not bad looking; he has dark brown hair and big brown eyes, tan skin and, well defined muscle. The only bad thing about him is how of a pervert he is.

"Well... Hello, sexy, is it me you're looking for?" he said winking at me, and I almost died of laughter. Do girls actually fall for that?

"Actually no," I mumble "Would you, erm, like to dance?" I asked feeling a bit of embarrassment. Say no, say no! Who am I kidding, he is going to say yes.

"Sure, babe! Let's go!" he exclaimed happily. Kill me.

I turned around and found Jake talking to Blanca when she suddenly jumped into his arms and hugged him. I almost started to laugh, but Luis started to pull on my hand towards the dance floor. I'm really hating Jake right now.

We got in the middle of the dance floor and he just steps on my foot. We haven't even started dancing and he goes and steps on my foot. This is going to be a really long night.

When I was done dancing with Mr. Flamingo, he had step on my foot around six times, and tried to put his hands on my butt like ten times.

Right now, I'm heading to the bathroom, just to get away from him. I wonder what Jake is doing. He's most likely trying to get away from Blanca that's for sure. Let him suffer.

On my way to the bathroom, I heard a loud cry. It was coming from one of the rooms. I really didn't know what to do, but the noise was getting louder. Then, there was a loud scream, so I started to run in that direction. Wait what if is someone having sex? Oh my, that would be so awkward if I would just march in and saw that. But that didn't sound like a sex scream. What am I talking about I don't even know what that sounds like.

When I found the door I couldn't hear well. I got closer a placed my ear on the door. I still couldn't hear. Then, out of the blue, the door swung open and a very tall man glared at me. He looked like he was in his late 30's. 'What was he doing in a young adults party?' I thought.

I got cut off my thoughts when he pulled me in the room. I was pushed to the floor. When I looked up there was this woman lying on the bed, bleeding. I got pulled by my hair and had a knife on my neck and a hand over my mouth. Thoughts raced all over my head! How would my mom react when they tell her? Her daughter got killed! Would Jake come and look for me? I've never had my first kiss! What will happen in the next episode of The Walking Dead!? What would have happened if I just hadn't come to this party? I mean, I would be in bed reading that's for sure because I just got a new book. Now I'll never get a chance to read it!

The knife was digging into my neck! "You just made the stupidest mistake of your life " the man said. Wrong the stupidest mistake I made was to dance with Mister flamingo.

Someone opened the door. I couldn't see the person but I started to scream. I pushed away the hand of the man that was holding me down. He let go of me and ran towards the person at the door. I didn't know what to do, so I rushed to the woman in the bed to see if she was alive. I didn't find a pulse, so I figured she was dead. When I looked up I saw Ryan? 

Ryan and the man were fighting. The man with a bigger advantage because he had a knife but Ryan did pretty well in dodging him. He punched his arm and the knife went flying out of his hand and landed all the way to the other side of the room. The man looked around for the knife.

When Ryan was about to jump on him, the man started to run in my direction. I put my hands up to protect myself but he turned right an went straight to the window and jumped out of it.

I was in shock! What the hell just happened?! Ryan ran to the window looking out to see where he went, then looked at my direction. He had a worried expression on his face when he saw me but then it turn into a sad one, a heartbreaking one. But he wasn't looking at me now, he was looking at the woman. He came closer and I got off the bed. He picked the women up and put her on his lap, trying to wake her up. 

"Call 911!" he yelled at me, tears running down his face.

I picked my phone from the floor with shaky hands and dialed '911'. I told them about the man and the bleeding woman, the address and hung up.

After 10 minutes they came and took the woman to the nearest hospital. I was next to Ryan, just studying him.

"That was my mother." he said to no one in particular "and the man was my father." 

He answered the question I was dying to ask him. But what happened? What was the reason for this madness? why were they at the house, aren't they supposed to be out while their son was throwing a party? Maybe I'll ask him another time, after this thing is over.

"I'm sorry for your loss." I didn't know what else to say to him. What are you suppose to do in this types of situations?

He just looked at me. But not in a creepy way. He said nothing and I remained silent without disturbing his focus at me. I mean, he was hurting. I understood. I felt like that when my father died, but I never talk about it.

"Do you want me to take you home?" he asked, that surprised me. "I'm going to the hospital anyway, so I can drop you at your house." he said.

Still in shock I said "Yes."

I told him where I lived and he drove me there quickly. The car ride was entirely silent. Getting out of the car, I turned to look at him and he was looking back.

"I- thanks. You know, for bringing me home and um-, saving my life." I thanked him. He returned a sweet smile and said "Goodnight."

I went inside my house and couldn't stop thinking of what happened tonight. I walked up the stairs and stopped dead in my tracks. 

"Where the heck is Jake!?"

Don't forget to vote