Chapter Seventeen: Seth

Tanner kicked me out of his house at eleven reasoning that I still needed to let Violet cool down for a bit longer and finding me still sitting on the couch wasn't going to help with that. So, I had gone and joined the pack at the club house to work on our gun supply and Coyote problem. While Violet still took up much of my energy I still had responsibilities within the club and that's why we were sat around council table instead of continuing to drink.

"Number one problem right now is Joseph's shipment of guns. We've depleted what the club has on hand and I thank a lot of you for bringing in some of your personal stock to fill the order. I've looked it over and I think it'll appease him but we're going to have to give him a discount on his next order since it's not exactly what he wanted." Dan started.

I lit up a smoke, the action more than the nicotine soothing and focusing my mind. "That's great but then that leaves us short if we're attacked by the Coyotes." I held a hand up when Dan looked like he was going to start in on me. "Yeah I get that we don't usually just fight with guns but if they come our blazing instead of shifting well then we are going to need to swallow our pride and fire back."

"Ain't that the truth." Chris agreed with me.

There were nods around the table as everyone came to the realisation that we weren't going to be able to fight on our normal terms, but at least they were realising that.

"We should be able to get our personal stash back in working order by the middle of next week. Now does anyone have anything on the Coyotes or spotted a scent around town?" Dan opened the table up.

I hadn't been around but when I'd been into town I hadn't picked up on any Coyote scent. No one could add anything new by the silence and dejected looks on the men's faces but then with all of the smoke from the Cherry Trap there was no way that any of us could pick up a scent in that mess. A building fire was acidic with so many mixed scents that there was no way to track them from it.

Dan shook his head our alpha not annoyed with his pack but with the situation. "Ok keep you noses to the ground. Now I expect to see all of you helping at the carnival this weekend or Rita will have my ass." He chuckled.

We all knew what sort of fate we would have if we snubbed the carnival, no one wanted to face Rita's wrath.

"Is the carnival a wise idea with the Coyotes on the war path?" Christ asked.

An attack on the carnival would be a good way to hurt the pack but if the Coyotes did it would put them further on the radar of the local police and have them after their asses too. I stubbed the end of my smoke into the glass ashtray on the table. "We have to do the carnival. Not only would Rita kill us all if we pulled out of the carnival and never forgive us but the hospital needs the money that this weekend is going to raise. Its help's them out and it helps us out with good will with the town. The carnival will happen with or without us volunteering but what happens if the Coyote's attack them and we are not there?" One of the things that I enjoyed most about the club was the fact that we actively tried to give back to the community for putting up with us and looking the other way when we needed them too. The club actually did some real good for the town and the hospital really needed the cash. It made me feel like doing things like this took a little red out of my ledger for the illegal businesses that we are involved in.

"The carnival is still happening with or without us and I won't have the Coyotes stopping us or the town from enjoying a little family fun and raising much needed money. We'll just keep our eyes open but I don't think Andre would be stupid enough to attack us during a town event with the Sheriff's department in attendance. But I expect you all to be on your best behaviour and not the dogs that you truly are." Dan grinned closing council for the night to the resounding laughter of the pack.