Yearning For My Wolf Chapter 1- You, Me, and Our Baby

It's here! It's Here! IT'S HERE! 

And it's starting now!

Vote 

Comment

Fan

It was early. Way too early for me to even think about being awake. I forced my eyes to remain closed and snuggled deeper into Seth’s warm embrace determined to lose myself in dreamland for a few more hours. That was until the tell-tale smell of frying bacon tickled my nose.

Ever since week five of my pregnancy my sense of smell has gotten sharper, so whenever Amy is cooking something up in the kitchen I can smell it from anywhere in the house. The only down side is that I can also smell all those lovely things that trigger my morning sickness. There have been a few times I have woken up early, like this morning, smelled what was cooking, and have had to drive to the toilet.

I thanked my lucky stars that today was not one of those days. But as it seemed, it was one of those days I was going to be endlessly hungry.

As quietly as I could I untangled myself from Seth a slipped out of our room into the deserted hallway.  Making my way towards the kitchen I rejoiced in the fact that I could actually get there without needing some ones help. Don’t get me wrong, this place was still a never ending maze, but I knew how to get to all the places I needed to be.

The house was quiet as I followed the delicious smell of bacon, a rarity with so many living under one roof.

Approaching the stained glass doors of the kitchen my stomach gave a mighty roar and I swore I heard a soft giggle from the other side.  Sure enough Amy stood over the stove, a grinning nearly cracking her face in half.

“Good morning dead.” She said still grinning. “Hungry?”

I gave her a pointed look and said, “I could smell bacon all the way from my room. This super sense of smell isn’t helping with the cravings.”

Amy looked at me with sympathy in her eyes. “I know dear, but it won’t last forever. At least you have more cravings than morning sickness. Jessica is still dealing with hers. The baby is the only thing keeping Jessica going these days since Adam died.”

I always felt bad when someone mentioned Jessica’s depression or Adam’s death. It was my fault that he died. When my father sent in his wolves to bring me back after I had escaped for three years, Seth’s Pack- my Pack- fought back. We were able to defeat my father’s wolves and kill my half-brother Zachary. 

Unfortunately their side wasn’t the only one that suffered casualties. Several of our Pack members died in the fight, including Jessica’s mate Adam.  

Ever since Adam’s death Jessica only thinks for the baby. That little baby boy still growing inside her is the last tie that she has to her mate. She eats, and sleeps, and just barely sometimes, lives for the baby because Adam wanted a son and now that son would never know his father.

Every time I thought of Jessica I couldn’t help but wonder what I would do if something happened to Seth. And something could very well happen to him. My father was still alive with vicious more than willing to slaughter for him. Our world was not a safe place and as my own baby grew, my fear grew with it.  

As I stood beside the counter wrapped in my dark thoughts, I failed to hear the door open and footsteps behind me. It wasn’t until a set of strong arms snaked around my waste and Seth’s scent flooded my nose, did I finally come back to reality.

“Your emotions were strong enough to wake me. Are you okay?” Seth asked me quietly, his breath tickling my ear.

“I was just thinking about Jessica, and my dad, and I’m scared of something happening.” I replied my voice trembling lightly. “He’s still out there somewhere and I know he’s not just going to leave me alone after we killed Zachary.”

“Shhh,” He murmured, hearing this before. “Nothing to going to happen to you, or me, or our baby; I will always keep you safe.”

I felt myself calming as I stood wrapped in his embrace. We stood like that, my back pressed against his front, for several moments. Finally I turned myself around in his arms and hung my own around his neck.

“Have I ever told you I love you?” I asked.

Seth smirked as he answered, “Only once or twice, but it’s nice hearing it anytime.”

I pulled myself tight against him and brought his lips down to mine. The kiss was soft and innocent and exactly what I needed from him.

When we separated Seth looked into my eyes after a moment of silence and said, “Did you know we ran Amy out of the kitchen?”

I gave him a strange look before looking right, then left and realized that he was right. The bacon that had been cooking on the frying pan when I came in was now on a giant serving platter wedged between two paper towels. There were other various breakfast things out about the counter, but no Amy.

I let out a laugh not believing that Amy had actually left her precious kitchen with food out to give us a moment of privacy. Or as much privacy as you can get in this house.

“Amy?” I called out raising my voice slightly even though she could probably hear me whisper. “It’s safe, you can come back now.”     

“Oh good,” Amy said popping in from the dining room that adjoined the kitchen. “I still have pancakes, waffles, eggs, and hash browns, and toast to make before the herd wakes up.”

“Would you like some help?” I offered. I felt bad that she did most of the cooking all by herself even if she insisted that she enjoyed it.

“That would be lovely dear, but I don’t want you over doing yourself.” Amy chided motherly.

I snuck a peek at Seth from the corner of my eye and saw exactly how excited he was to make breakfast for the Pack.

I was just about to ask Amy where she wanted us to start when the doorbell rang.

We all stopped and listened. It was early still and I was guessing we were the only ones in the house awake. It was an odd time for someone to come by.

“I’ll get it.” Seth said heading out the door.

I watched his blurred figure as long as I could through the glass doors, but eventually he was to far for me to distinguish him.

“I wonder who it coul-”

Amy’s question was cut off by a sudden shout emanating from the porch.