Chapter Fourteen

Hello, little beasties! :)

Little update on what's going on with me:

I just got back from The Maze Runner! It was so fast paced and action packed, I still haven't quite caught my breath! It's been four years since I first read The Maze Runner (I'm still speechless knowing that it's been four years since I joined the TMR fandom) so the movie was a good refresher with some surprises. Overall, it was a great movie. The actors were spectacular and the casting was perfect. Everyone who worked on the movie did an excellent job. 

I've been very busy this week and right now am hanging on with a glass of Dr. Pepper and a few pieces of chocolate. (Ah, chocolate, every tired author's weakness.) I'm exhausted, but oh well! A promise is a promise, right beasties? (;

Now to the chapter! I hope you're enjoying having a three-part chapter (yes, I've decided to break it up into three parts) and back to back to back parts in Maxon's POV. Now, I hope you're up for some emotional trauma, mostly because I think we've been lacking in that department a little, but okay so maybe my mind is still stuck in The Maze Runner. (The movie, by the way, has given me a lot of inspiration and motivation for writing this chapter.)

Now it's time to channel my inner James Dashner and give you all a tale that'll last throughout the ages. (Or at least until Wattpad goes out of style.) 

Oh, I almost forgot! Here's some songs for this chapter:

Hanging On-Ellie Goulding

Together Again-Evanescence

My Wish-Rascal Flatts

Here it is, Chapter Thirteen-Part 2

Enjoy~

*.*.*.**.*.*.**.*.*.**.*.*.**.*.*.**.*.*.**.*.*.*

"Maxon! Thank God!" Georgia breathed, her voice filled with immense relief. 

There was a long silence in which a thousand questions raced through my head. Why was she here? Who brought her here? Was she captured? Did she come here on her own? Why was she so relieved to see me? 

"Maxon?" 

"Are you okay?" I croaked, my voice still raw from screaming at the caning. 

Georgia spoke with a hint of caution. "I think the better question is: are you okay?" 

I shrugged, but then was aware that she couldn't see me do so in the dark so I said, "I am not sure."

"How's your back?"

It hurts like a bitch. "It's fine."

Georgia seemed unconvinced. "Let me see it."

I heard her feet scuffling my way, and I put my hands out in defense. Though the entire nation, even world perhaps, had seen the old scars on my back, I still wasn't comfortable with anyone looking at them. It felt my heart race and sweat break out on my forehead and palms. 

"No, really, it's okay," I insisted quickly. 

Her shoes squeaked to an abrupt stop towards me. "Maxon, what are you so afraid of?" she whispered.

I am absolutely terrified. "I am not afraid."

She came closer; I scooted farther into the corner. 

"Just let me look at them."

"No."

She let out a gust of air into the chilly stone room. "I really didn't want to do this, Maxon, but you're leaving me no choice."