5

Chapter 5 - Alyssa & Parrish

Before Alyssa left she said she had something she needed to get off her chest. "I hope you forgive me for this." We all sat down in Zander's office.

Alyssa sighed and began, "Well ya see," I hope Zander forgive her for whatever she's going to say. If not daddy you're going to have one dead mate.

"The kids that we had* with each other," She laughed nervously. "I actually can't have kids, never have and never will be able to have them. I sorta adopted them." She muttered the last sentence.

"Sorta?!" Zander and I yelled in unison. "You know you can't sorta* adopt children, right?!" I say in her face. She looks taken aback from my outburst.

"Why do they look so similar to me?" Zander asks, I looked at him. He must've been truly heartbroken, he took care of them all their life finding out they weren't his must been hard.

"All I did was dye their hair, besides that I didn't have to do anything that's how they were born." She whispered, afraid after our loud outburst.

"Anymore lies? Are you even my dad's effing mate?" I yell at her. She doesn't move for a while.

"I'm sorry. I must be going now. My mate needs me." She left in a hurry, I could barely hear her leave and hopefully that would be the last of her. "She's lucky I didn't kill her." Zander growled. "She's such a... such a liar! Can't believe I trusted her!" He growls.

He looks at me. "Are you mine?" I ask him. I already knew the answer or did I? "Parrish." He mouths. I looked at him, confused. "Parrish." I say. "Who's Parrish?"

His eyes were far away. "We need to find Parrish."

"Zander who's Parrish?" I asked him.

"Parrish is Alyssa's sister. I need to find Parrish. That witch must know what else her sisters been hiding."

I sighed, "Lets find Parrish, I know it's not just for Alyssa."

"It's not, it's more important. Your father protected you from the truth." He said.

"What truth are you talking about?" I ask. "Zander! Don't ignore me."

"The war, Bliss. It's a war." I pause confused. "This war been going on for almost a year. Your mother and sister are planning an attack and the only person who would only know what I can do is Parrish." He said.

"Parrish is the last witch that haven't been ended by your mom, that I know of. And we need her help. My pack mate who was by your old house mind-linked me about what he heard going on. Your father was hurt."

"So Parrish can help?" I ask.

"I hope so." He nodded. "This war will be affecting more than just us, but all the packs in the U.S." I gulp.

"Ok." I said.