Chapter 8 - Oh My Friend

So basically I decided to throw in a character because Ava is kind of lonely when it comes to girl friends // enjoy!

It had been a week since Jack had asked me to be his girlfriend, and I've seen him a lot less due to his hockey season starting up. Somehow we've gotten closer by seeing each other less because we were always on FaceTime.

But currently, it was a Thursday night and I had a sleepy Jack cuddling up to me in my arms. He was phalf asleep on my bed as we were watching high school musical.

By the way Jacks phone had been blowing up like crazy and it was more than usual.

"Avaaaa I'm tiredddd." Jack said sleepily on my chest. He was literally so adorable.

"So go to sleep, I'll wake you up in the morning before you're practice because I have to get up early to go to PT." (Physical Therapy)

He jumped up at my words with wide eyes, facing me, "Annabella Grace! You're telling me that you let me keep you up until 2 am when you have something to do early in the morning?" He said, sounding like my dad.

"Alright dad, I'm sorry." I said sarcastically but then realized something, "Jack Hughes! You're telling me that you let me keep you up until 2 am when you have practice early in the morning?" I said right back to him.

"Alright mom I'm sorry." He said mimicking my response as well, "But touché." He said with a smile. I then yawned and took Jacks sweatshirt off because it was too hot in here. I only had a sports bra on but I didn't really care because Jack had seen me in a bathing suit and my sports bra before, so what's the difference.

I rolled over and put my one leg up, getting comfy on the bed. "I'm going to sleep, sweet dreams handsome." I said without even looking at him.

I heard him let out a chuckle, and then he came over and kissed my cheek, "Sweet dreams beautiful." And then he cuddled into my back, fitting like a puzzle piece.

About 20 minutes later Jack had fallen asleep so curiosity started to take over. I had my fingerprint in Jacks phone already but I didn't need to do that. That was full on stalker mode. I was just going to check his notifications and all would be well.

I sneakily grabbed his phone from the other side of the bed, and brought it back with me to my sleeping position.

He had 5 notifications from this girl, Veronica.

Veronica
Jack I know you want me back. I don't care how pretty this girl is.

Veronica
I know you're not over me yet, I can tell by the way you're constantly texting me...

Veronica
Jack

Veronica
Babe🤩

Veronica
Can't wait until you get back from DC, it'll be great😈

My eyes were wide by what I was seeing. What the hell was going on?
I don't want to ask Jack about this because he'll get mad at me for looking at his notifications, but I want to know why the hell this bitch is texting him.
Well, maybe I don't have to ask him, I'll just ask Quinn tomorrow.

----

Next day

I got out of my car and locked it, ready to head inside. I had just finished PT and the boys were all at my house, already done with practice. I needed to somehow get Quinn's attention and talk to him privately about all of this Veronica crap.

I walked in the door and was instantly greeted by a hug from Max, "Aveyyyy I missed you." He said wrapping himself around my waist/legs because he was too small.