The girl-->Chapter 5

~This chapter is VERY SHORT but I felt bad because I haven't been uploading because of school. Sorry! And this chapter hasn't been edited neither.~

I sat quietly at the center counter looking down at my dinner. From the corner of my eyes I noticed my mother glaring at me and I can feel the tension in the the air building. If it wasn't for the sound of Drake putting his plate in the sink, I probably would have spent most of dinner time staring at my food. He glanced at me then at my mother.

His eyes widened. "Awkward" he sang, while walking out of the kitchen.

Ugh, he was right. I had been sitting at the table for twenty minutes and the whole time my mother never took her eyes off of me.

I slammed my fork on to the plate and looked over at her "what?"

As awkward as it may had been, she never took her eyes off of me. She scooped the mashed potatoes from her plate and stuffed it in her mouth.

"Alright, be that way!" I said.

I snatched my plate, walked it over to the sink and began to walk out of the kitchen.

"Where were you?" she asked.

Crap! I really didn't want to have this conversation. Well, not eactly at this moment.

I turned towards her."Huh?"

Huh?" she mocked. "Where were you today?" she asked pausing after each word.

"What kind of question is that? I was at school"

Her face turned dark red and she lightly began to bite her lip. "I'm trying so hard to be calm right now." she sighed. "Where were you after school?"

My jaw dropped. "What?" I stuttered.

"Yeah, you didn't think I knew?"

Oh shit!

"What are you talking about?" I asked, trying to play dumb.

She jumped up from her seat and grabbed her plate. "Leighyal" she sighed.

"What do you mean where was I after school? I came home!"

She threw the plate into the sink, shattering it. "How stupid do you think I am?" she yelled.

"What?"

She stomped towards me tightly, grasping my face. Her breathing began to speed up and her nostrils flared. Her anger was rising and my heart sank with fear. Is she really mad because I didn't come straight home?

"We both know you didn't come straight home."

Damn. Did Catalina tell her?

"That's because I stayed after." I said, unconvincingly.

"No the hell you didn't."

I rolled my eyes. "Obviously, you know where I was  so why are we even having this conversation? If there is something you want to say, say it!" I said.

She squeezed my face tighter. "If you step another foot in Catalina's house, you might as well take your clothes with you." she gritted her teeth.

"Let go of me!" I said, pushing her hand off of my face. With her other hand she quickly grabbed mine.

"Do you understand me?" she said

"I don't care what you tell me" I said.

She pushed my face and I stumbled backwards.

"You will when you're homeless."

When the words came out of her mouth I felt like I had just been slapped in the face. Catalina was a long time friend of ours, so what was the big problem?

The tears rolled across my face. " I dare you to kick me out!"

"Leighyal." she shook her head. "Don't tempt me"  she said

I rolled my eyes and stomped out of the kitchen.

***

I laid flat across my bed, digging my finger nails into my skin. I didn't want to intentionally hurt myself but that seemed to be the only thing that helped me take away my emotional pain. Well, that's what I wanted to believe.

I stared at the ceiling  replaying what Catalina had told me. Anything she has ever predicted to me   always came true, so there was no doubt in my mind that today's prediction was different. I knew my life was soon to change and I was scared.

It was a long day and my eyes were heavy. I closed my eyes shut and soon drifted into a deep sleep before I knew it I was awaken by a dark shadow of a little girl.

"Help!" she whispered.

I laid across my bed, frozen. I closed my eyes for a moment and  when I had reopened them she was gone.  

Catalina said a boy would come to me. What the hell was going on?