The Time Stone

The Time Stone

Whenever I try to do something right, I do it wrong. But that changed when I found a special stone that had an engraving of a clock on it. When I picked it up I knew there was something strange about it, and so when I saw the picture, I about freaked out. I threw it to the ground and realized that there was nothing to be afraid of, and decided to keep it as a lucky stone. The next day I was sent down to do the laundry. I had the stone in my pocket, and was feeling very bored. I put the laundry in the machine and walked away. A day later I heard my brother shout something about underwear being pink. 

“Did I really put the reds in there too?” I thought worriedly because my brother gets really mad when something happens to his clothes that he rarely puts in the wash anyway. I locked my door just as my brother started pounding it and grabbed my lucky stone.

 “If you really are lucky, help me out here!” I said to it, still thinking in my head it won’t do me any good when my brother’s on a football team and can break down my door and pound me silly.

 “Oh, I wish I could go back in time and fix this or something!” I said as my brother started to try and jiggle my lock open, which could work because it’s loose. Just then my stone started to glow, and I started to scream. My rock shone brighter until I couldn’t see anything. In the next second, I was back in my laundry room as if nothing happened. I was totally confused as I looked around. No screaming brother and no shining stone. I finally thought of something. My hand slowly went down to my pocket. My stone was there. 

“That’s impossible!” I thought, because I took out my stone yesterday right after the laundry and put it on my dresser. The thought startled me thinking that just because I wished I actually turned back time. I didn’t have my stone before, meaning that my stone did it. I was excited and scared at the same time.

 “Who knows what this could do?” I thought as I touched my stone wondering what to do. Well, if it’s yesterday, I wonder if it could put it back to present day, I thought.

“I wish it was present day.” I said. It started shining again and I was not as frightened this time. It took me to my room, but there was something different about it. It was surprisingly chilly out, and considering this is summer, it was weird. I looked at my thermometer and it said it was 52 degrees out. I grabbed my coat from my closet and went downstairs. When I saw the Christmas tree in my living room, I was confused. When I saw the presents under it I knew that my stone had actually taken me to present day- Christmas!

 “That stone sure takes you literally.”

I said. I grabbed my stone and now wished for it to be June 14, 2010, which was the right date. it took me right back to my room, and everything was back to normal.

What is this thing anyway?