PART 21

TWENTY-ONE – Familiar Face (Moving on)

Maryanne had roped Andy into going down the pub with her for a few drinks. They hadn’t been there long when Maryanne started to fill her in on the latest news revealed by Michelle earlier on that day. As Andy listened with her mouth ajar she couldn’t believe what she was hearing and when Maryanne had finished telling her the story it was Andy’s turn to speak as she put down her glass of white wine onto the small table in front of them.

“Bloody hell Maryanne...fucking hell...see, I told you hanging around with that girl is nothing but bad news! Say for instance, you had followed her round to the dudes house when the trouble started Maryanne...you would have been killed too, because if them bastards can kill two fucking babies, what fucking chance would you have uh?”

“I know Andy, I haven’t thought about nothing else since Mich told me the news...I feel so sorry for the kids mother...I can’t possible imagine how she is feeling right now! Michelle didn’t sound too good either when I spoke with her...”

“Shit did you ever meet their mum then?”

“Yeah, Michelle couldn’t stand her and vice versa...but I never really got to know her as such as whenever I saw her, she kept her distance...you know...me being Mich friend and all!” Maryanne gossiped having her sisters full attention as this was a juicy piece of information here, so continuing Maryanne said “But she must be proper devastated...poor ting!”

“Yeah my heart goes out to her...any mothers nightmare...imagine finding her kids murdered like that...absolutely awful...unimaginable...I think I would want to hunt down the bastard who did it and fucking kill him slowly...”

“Yeah I would too Andy...seriously kill someone for doing something like that to my family...

“But Maryanne listen up here...you know you told me about what you guys got up too with that Marcus guy...you sure he didn’t get murdered because of that incident?” Andy seriously asked suddenly as a light bulb went off in her head. Frowning as she thought first before answering she replied overly confident “No way sis...we used fake names...different ends and as for Marcus...the little that I knew of him wasn’t all that pleasant really...he wasn’t a nice guy at all and he rubbed people up the wrong way...the guy who got robbed wasn’t the only person who got hurt by Marcus...that much I knew...so on a scale of 1-10, it would be a 1...I really don’t think it has anything to do with that night and anyway, it was only him who got murdered...if it had anything to do with that day he wouldn’t have been the only person hurt, all the others involved would have been targeted as well, I think anyway!”

“Are you sure about that Maryanne?”

“Yeah I am sure...its some shit he got himself involved in and he probably deserved his payback...as bad as it is to say but its true...but his kids did not deserve to die for their father’s lifestyle that is just pure evil!” Maryanne concluded as she hung her head sadly as she imagined the two boys last moments before they were brutally murdered.

“Changing the subject onto a cheerier note...so have you heard from Ash today then?” Andy asked grinning at her sister as Maryanne’s expression changed upon the very mention of Ash’s name.

“Yeah he called me today...you know what sis...he is so cool and he makes me laugh!”

“Good...he was cute and I know you really check for him...so when are you gonna link him then?” Andy asked as she jokingly poked her sister in the ribs playfully.

“Get off...soon I hope, he said he wanted to take me out for a meal very soon, so hopefully one day this week sometime...but don’t you worry, you will be the first person I call to tell...he he ha he...” Maryanne giggled as she blushed slightly with glee as she couldn’t wait to see him again.

“Good, good...you deserve to meet someone nice Maryanne...I just hope he aint no fucking player cause he was sweet and you know sweet boys!” Andy said raising her eyebrow showing her judgemental side.

“Well so do I Andy...so do I...but only time will tell but I get a really good feeling from him every time we chat on the phone!” Maryanne gushed as she slowly sipped her wine through a straw.

“Well let’s just hope this is the new beginning for you babes...and it could have only happened to a nicer girl...you know that hanging with Michelle and getting up to all sorts of criminal acts was only going nowhere fast...now you have come to your senses and drop her from your life...only good things have come your way...can’t you see that sis?” Andy asked her sister sincerely as she truly believed that.

“Yes you’re right Andy...its true...only good things have come my way ever since I saw what shit she was getting my arse involved with. I should have listened to you years ago but with mum and dad dying it just sent me off the rails...I am so sorry for being a selfish cunt...I wasn’t the only one who lost out when they died...so did you Andy and look how you have just got on with your life and done so much good with it...I was so jealous of how you coped and just dealt with it....but I am so sorry for how I have acted up.” Maryanne said as she looked back on how badly she acted sometimes over the years. She knew that her sister had put up with a lot of shit from her and now she made a secret promise that she wouldn’t be putting any unnecessary aggro on top of Andy anymore. So they both stayed longer at the pub then they had originally had intended and as Andy enjoyed her sister company she thought that Maryanne seemed to have grown up a lot in the last couple of months and she was very pleased with this new change of character that Maryanne was portraying.